This may have been covered before but I could not find the answers to my questions. I have a customer that wants me to put their three color logo on women's spandex tops. They are looking at only a few tops. What Siser Easyweed should I use? What temperature should I use? The design requires three seperate presses per top so how much time per press?. Should I pre-wash them first to shrink them, they are a spandex/cotton blend? Thanks.

Per it's description, I would say "EasyWeed Stretch" - http://www.uscutter.com/Siser-EasyWeed-Stretch-15-X-5-yds -- "Easyweed stretch works terrific on Lycra, spandex, cottons, polys, and blends. Its pressure sensitive carrier makes for easy weeding and fast positioning on apparel."

The spec sheet from Siser says:

"Cut in REVERSE and weed
Preheat garment 2 to 3 seconds
TEMPERATURE: 305° F/152° C
PRESSURE: Medium
TIME: 15 seconds
Peel HOT or COLD"

When I've layered colors, I would go 10 seconds, let it cool a few seconds before peeling, then place the next color and repeat.  Last color gets the full 15 seconds.  Make sure you fully cover earlier colors with some sort of cover sheet before pressing!

I do not pre-wash any of the items I press - you never know what detergents or fabric softeners your customers may be allergic to.
  • Like 3

I do not pre-wash any of the items I press - you never know what detergents or fabric softeners your customers may be allergic to.

Good point there OW.

Thanks for the advice. I'm still waiting to hear back from the customer before I order the EasyWeed Stretch.