latitude42

Tracking off...vinyl walks..what to do???

whenever I cut ANYTHING over say about 15" long... the vinyl will start to walk down the roller. I test to make sure it is true before I cut, but after I start cutting it starts to get crooked on the roller and nothing lines up. If I try something like 40"... forget it, when it cuts the initial box to weed it is about 1.5"-2" off when it gets back to complete the box.

Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks,

Larry C

I added two more pinch rollers to mine and everything stays aligned :o My want to check blade depth and psi too...

I'll have to see if I can get a couple more rollers (and figure out how to put them in!!) My blade is adjusted right and I'm using pressure enough so that I can weed the stuff, usually around 170-175.

Gotta do something.

Larry C

whenever I cut ANYTHING over say about 15" long... the vinyl will start to walk down the roller. I test to make sure it is true before I cut, but after I start cutting it starts to get crooked on the roller and nothing lines up. If I try something like 40"... forget it, when it cuts the initial box to weed it is about 1.5"-2" off when it gets back to complete the box.

Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks,

Larry C

Have you tried cutting without the weed box?

What length of vinyl is on your roller? I had a bit of a problem with keeping things aligned when I would just sit my 50yrd roll on the rollers... I had to start cutting off the length I needed to cut until it didn't weigh so much.

I use 10 yd rolls... I've never turned the weed box off... actually didn't know you could. I'll look and see how.... thanks for the suggestion.

Larry C

You could also loosen enough material off of your roll before the unit starts to cut, so it is not pulling from a tight roll of material. Also make sure none of your pinch rollers are in the very middle of the cutter, or it will not make good contact with the feed rollers, and cause unwanted vinyl drift.

You could also loosen enough material off of your roll before the unit starts to cut, so it is not pulling from a tight roll of material. Also make sure none of your pinch rollers are in the very middle of the cutter, or it will not make good contact with the feed rollers, and cause unwanted vinyl drift.

I've made both of those mistakes in my learning curve...  :o

Guest sciondrgn

After lining things up I check movement first if I track to the right I adjust the vinyl on the left pinch roller back just a bit and opposite for tracking to the left. Just small adjustments I can usually get it it on the first or second try

I tried to cut reflective vinyl 8 feet X 6 inch strips

I put a roll of vinyl on the rollers 50 ydsX 20 inch

I figured I could cut 3 strips 6 Inch X 96 inch  I was striping

a AMBULANCE

the strips started perfect 6 inches but on the other end they were 6 and 1/4

I had to cut all the strips by hand

Remember

Always use the rulers in the front and back of the cutter.

What I do is I align the vinyl and then move it forward and backward and make sure the vinyl moves over the same numbers I set the vinyl with. If you see movement, then it wasnt really aligned.

I've always done the align first thing, I usuall move the vinyl forward and back about 12-14 inches BEFORE I cut. It's during the cut is when its moving... I'm going to buy a couple of extra tension rollers. 

Thanks,

Larry C