razzer7117

Font letters going in wrong position on vinyl help please Laserpoint II

HI there,

First post here,  I am using  Siser ezy weed heat transfer vinyl using sure cuts a lot 3, I am using 20 in vinyl to create a 19.5" width X 6" Height logo with text fonts in it cut, the problem I am having is when I make my mat size bigger with scal 3, increasing it to 21" and then copying the first logo I have and pasting the second logo under the first, selecting all and grouping them as one, I get pieces of my fonts missing where they should be, as well as the fonts sometimes print in random spots.  The spacing from left to right on the second logo+fonts is exactly the same as the first and I have given it plenty of room to breath at the end of the second logo+fonts.  Does anyone know why this is happening.  I am running the Laserpoint II on serial, which solved a lot of earlier issues for me.  Any help would be appreciated as I would love to print more than one in succession to save me a bit of time.   Thanks.

JIm

when you select to group make sure you drag a box around everything then group

Sometimes when you just click on an item to select it little parts will be left out

I don't use SCAL so I can't help there

Hope this works for you

MM64 B)

Not sure if I follow you exactly, but if your vinyl is 20" wide and you're setting your cutting mat to 21", that is why you are losing pieces off the edges.  Your mat size should not be set bigger then your vinyl size.  If anything, you should go slightly smaller.  You are basically telling your cutter/plotter that your vinyl is wider then it really is and that is why you are losing it off the edge of the page.  Plus make sure your starting point is determined correctly.  Again, not sure if I'm following your post exactly.  

The issue if mat size is misleading to say the least. I leave mine set at 26x60 all the time no matter what I'm cutting and it does not make you run off the vinyl IF you have your cut mode set to origin point and you don't make a design larger than the actual vinyl you have in the machine to cut. Without actually seeing what's happening I have to agree with mopar about grouping you font together before copying it and duplicating it.

Sorry, about not being clear. I have a two year old that kept me up most of the night :)  My width is 19.5 and my height is 21.  By height I mean im going down the roll of vinyl. My vinyl roll is 20" and when I measured it, it is about 19.75" and I am positioning the laser right at the edge of the right side of the vinyl when it's in the machine, maybe about an 8th of an inch on the vinyl   I did go through and double check the grouping.  Everything is grouped properly.  After I did group things into one, I did shrink it down using the arrows while it was selected.   Everything shrunk together properly but I am wondering if that did something.  I'm pretty new to everything, I learn fast once I find out what the mistake is, but just can't figure this out for the life of me.   Do I have to flatten or lock layers? It seems when it prints one logo at 20" width, 10" height perfectly fine, that I should be able to copy that logo, widen the height of the mat by 10" and paste the logo in and it should print properly too.  That is what baffle me.  I really appreciate for the help you guys have given me.   Oh yeah and Jaybird, I will try your idea tomorrow and see if it works.  It just acts like things are squishing together even though when I do a preview all looks fine.

LPwash, my cutting mat is about .50 of an inch larger than my total size of my logo+font.   I set the origin point pretty much at the edge of the vinyl so I'm usually good with that. My problem is that the machine is leaving letters out of my sentences, and sometimes placing them randomly in different spots on the vinyl, everything else prints great, but just a few small things that.  Everything is grouped, size is set properly.. just so odd.