Sign in to follow this  
stealth

Line cutting problem with MH1351

Any help would be greatly appreciated as im very new to sign work. Im having problems with my MH1351. For some reason the cutting quality is really bad. Whwn it cuts line they are straight, or sometimes fairly straight (tho bad quality) or it cuts tiny waves instead of straight lines (tho not jagged) Im using the cutter with artcut as thats the software it came with. Ive tried changing the balde incase that was the problem but its no better

Any ideas?

Yes the blade spins freely and if im honest i'd say its never been a great cutting quality but ive only taken more notice the more i got into doing projects, putting that aside tho, it has got worse in the last couple of days

I don't know about that particular model,but some refines have been known to arrive with the carraige off track,which would explain what it is doing. Check and make sure the carraiage is on the tracks.

Thats was one of the problems but with it back in place im still having no joy

well, that was my one and only suggestion.Apart from the blade spinning freely which someone beat me to. I'm not familiar with artcut.

Why don't you download the trial version of Signblazer(fully functional for 30 days) and see what happens?

You can get it here:

http://www.colorchromefirst.com/SBE.htm

you have nothing to lose.

Is it cutting poorly just from the software, or does the test cut on the cutter itself come out bad as well?

Is it cutting poorly just from the software, or does the test cut on the cutter itself come out bad as well?

Thats what i dont understand, the test cut works fine, just everything else

Thanks alot guys, i just put the free trial of SB on my computer and done a random picture and it cut it perfectly. Im gonna try and do a few more just to make sure but i think artcut was indeed the problem. No doubt i will re-post if its not tho  :o

US Cutter sells the signblazer elements on their website (store) at a very low price. You should get it you will be very glad you did.