Sign in to follow this  
joshlindt

tracking issue

i have read the other post about this and am still having issues with tracking straight im trying to cut an addres for a trailer and the vinyl is not tracking straight. i can set it to the edge of the cutter and by the time i get to the 4' mark the vinyl has moved 1/4". ive tried adjusting tension on the rollers position and it is level i have even tried pulling the vinyl off the roll. any suggestions

What we do for long cuts like that is, turn cutter offline and feed the vinyl through and adjust as needed. On long cuts it can be hard to set. I try to allow for draft.

I always allow for drift. As long as the line of Text is straight,it's a non-issue.

One thing I have noticed...it seems to be that some vinyls track much better than others. In my case,glossy seems to track much better than matte.

I had a tracking problem and tried to use easy weed that was a problem.I have now figured out how to get my vinyl in straight.I just go off line and run my vinyl out and watch which direction it is drifting the adjust the vinyl as needed