Sign in to follow this  
squelch

Computer Requirements for PCut & SignBlazer?

I just received my new PCut.  Five day deliver!!!

I must admit, after reading all of these trouble posts, I am questioning my decision to purchase this cutter, but I am going to give it a shot and see how well it works for me.

I intend to use a dedicated older Dell laptop with Windows XP, but I haven't been able to find system requirements on either US Cutter or SignBlazer's websites.  Is anyone out there using Pentium 3 technology on their PCuts, or will I need to hook it up to a better computer.

My computer:

600 mhz P3

256 mb Ram

80 GB HD

Just reformatted HD with nothing installed but Windows XP, SignBlazer and AVG Free Antivirus.  I may add Illustrator CS2 later, if I find the need.

Thanks,

Chuck

I run mine on a dedicated machine with not much more power and the exact amount of memory. I wouldn't try to use AI at the same time as SignBlazer though. Could work but that's a lot of memory loss. You have nothing to lose.

Guest fivestar

Chuck just because there is a good deal of problems posted here doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the machines, most problems here are user related.  Also go try to find another forum for any other cutter that has this kind of activity on it, you won't find it. 

There are so many people here to help you out with your problems, you'll see you didn't go wrong with your purchase.

Thanks for the encouragement guys.  I am leaving town for a week, but hope to get it up and running as soon as I get back.  I really appreciate how helpful this forum is.

Chuck