Sign in to follow this  
squirrel

cutting over and over

Got a couple of Questions,, sure would love to get some help on!!

any time I cut an image that has been vectorized at another site,, such as vector magic, or even corelDraw. My ploter cuts it out 3times, cuts right over the line it just cut several times,, and man dose that mess things up.  but any thing I have added to the import, such as lettering, well that works just fine???  what the  H___:o?

And if I vectorize in SB, I am getting crappy lines,  heck the last thing I just vectorized just plain stayed a Bit-map,,  I had no image to remove.

Also I draw my lay outs with red pen, on velum, I find that the lines stay crisper with red,, just works that way,, vever had a problem vectorizing a color drawing with vector magic .. But  now that I am trying to vectorize with SB,,  how do I make my red drawing a monacrome??  I know how dumb that sounds,, but I cant seem to make any of the color button do any thing??  and I cant chang my drawing to black and white in SB,,  well not the way I do it, it turns the whole page black??

if your not laffing to hard,I would love some help!!!!!

Sam

If you select your image then go to node edit you see multiple lines. If it cuts the same thing twice, you will see two sets of lines. While in node edit just delete one set. If you want to post your file and I can help.

I had the same problem when I copied and pasted anything from word...I just used the set fil and it only cut once. I got plenty pissed before I figured it out though.

wow I can not edit any of the images that I have vectorized in vector magic-- or corelDraw

and what about the red drawings??

Wow you are correct there are no nodes besides a border. Give me a few minutes and I will cut it to reporduce the problrm.

Same here, maybe try what Banner John said But I can't help with that, I have no idea waht he is talking about. I would like to know myself. Sorry that I can't be of more help at this point.

Wow just when I was about to cry!!

Still some hope,, I dont know what you just said,, so I am gonna say no I hve not!

now can you tell me how??

Also what about vectorizing someting that is Red??

Okay I guess I got the photo to go away!!

I got and cut the one you worked on,, mass big thanks!!

I am not sure how to edit, when I didnt even see nods the last time I did node edit???

also what in the world would make every import, do that??

please tell me I have some kind of setting wrong!

Also any help with the red drawing??   or must anything I vector in SB be a black and white only??

Also if I got the up grade to Pro, would it vector any better than elements???  

because that dosnt work at all like vector magic,, but you just saw how it comes to me from them,,YUCK!!!

once again thank you

I have heared of vector magic creating the extra lines, why I don't know. The jpeg you had posted i could not get it to vector cleanly. i have no idea about the upgrade. You could not see the nodes because there was 2 boxes completely around the image, they needed to be deleted. then you can select one point within the image click node select all the nodes then delete. If you need I can record a small video of how I did it, if that would make things more clear.

That would be just fantastic!!

I just read what you said 5 times and was still glosing over, 

a vidio would be just the thing!!

it is ready to cut. did you want more than one color? by the way your video should be in your email now.

Just click on something that you want the color changed the select the color from the bottom. If you need help with it i will have time in the morning.

cant find your vidio!!

sure hope I dint can it!!

I will look for it one more time , and then I will check back in the morn,, my eyes are crossing!!

Thanks again

you are a grate help!!

nice to have some one like you helping

Hi

I'm new to the site and the world of vinyl cutting.

I tried searching the forums for the answer and haven't found one yet.

My cutter does the same thing......multiple cuts over the same lines.

I imported a file ( ai and eps ).  When I check it in Node Edit, I can see the multiple lines.

Is there an easy way to get rid of the multiple lines?  or do I have to go through and delete every point?

Is there an easier way to import a file so that I don't have this problem?

Thanks,