motoxchic

8" x 15' text only price question

I have a new potential customer who will need stuff cut for rental boats.  The 1 sticker is huge.  I cut, mask, they put them on.  Probably will use Oracal 651, unless 751 might be a better boat option.

What would you charge for 1 color 8" tall x 15' wide...needs 6 of them and its an easy font to weed.

Part of me feels like its a pretty quick job, so dont charge much, but the other part doesnt want to be ridiculously low.  He has been getting most of his graphics printed at a pretty high price and these are simple enough for cut vinyl.

thank you!  Still trying to get a handle on the pricing...been doing good so far, but probably on the less expensive side (which is probably why I am SO busy). lol

Thank you for the reply!  Just curious.. Is that formula relative to both a shop rate and/or a freelance/home rate? 

Those are fare rates, just because you are not working out of a shop doesn't mean the product your putting out isn't just as good. In the beginning when you are figuring out how to cut vinyl and apply it, then doing real cheap stuff or charging friends material only prices is good, but I am sure you are past that stage. 

Its been 8 months and this is definitely getting easier to do, but the pricing still throws me.  I have not really done RTA graphics, usually signs and banners.  Thanks for the help everyone :)

$95 to $110 is good.... If everyone keeps prices where they should be, everyone makes good money. But there is always someone that thinks that it only cost them $5 to make it so lets sell for $15....

On RTA lettering ( no graphic) I charge $.75 to $1.00 per inch depending on how many are ordered.

Might also Help To be sure to keep records of sales including materials, length x width + time for Future References, Just Saying B)