Sign in to follow this  
maddog

VinylMaster Pro V4.0 & WINDOWS 8?

Ok so was wondering if anyone else is using VMP V4? with Windows 8?, Attached are a couple images that I took when just using the Pen Plotter with Both VMP V4 and with SCALP from USCutter as you can see from the weird lines in the one picture that VMP went nuts and with SCALP the plotter went nice and smooth, This test was run after ruining a small amount of Chrome Vinyl with VMP, So I read and read thru the forum and have Eliminated it possibly being static, One thing I haven't tried yet is a Keyspan Adapter, reason being is it only screws up with the VMP V4 and I haven't gotten a reply back from the Tech Support about this problem and can't find a thing in the FAQ about Windows 8, So back to my original question,, Anyone else had problems with VMP V4 going Crazy??

Thanks for Your Time post-37810-0-55887000-1369594927_thumb.jpost-37810-0-63910700-1369594957_thumb.j

I had to come back to this topic having read it then having problems with the LTR version of VinlyMaster..

I was trying to Vectorize my CorelDraw files. VM does not recognize CDR files so I exported as AI files.

When imported into VM they had vertical lines in them. I exported as JPG and after vectorizing and sending

to the cutter I would get an error message of "nothing to cut". I exported in quite a few formats and always

the same message. I even took the images and put them in programs like Inkscape and Paint and re-exported them

trying to strip whatever VM didn't like about them.

Only when I exported my corel files as "Tif's", did they vectorize and cut correctly out of VM.

I don't know if any of your problems correlate with mine but just wanted to post maybe helping someone else..

Oh, I'm using Windows 8 also but don't feel that Win 8 had anything to do with my problems..

Mike.