ok so I just recieved my mh721.  I'm running it in win2000 and I'd prefer to use my flexi 6.6 but I did install signblazer as well, I'm connected parrellel lpt1.  I can't get flexi to connect, I've tried the roland pnc# driver suggested on another thread and it didn't work either. when useing Signblazer I can get it to send, the offline/pause button lights up but nothing on the plotters screen and it doesn't move. 

also when I installed the usb drivers and pluged in the plotter my comp crashes.

please help!

If you have it in Flexi,try the driver for the RedSail Rs720c. I've used that driver for the refine.

Guest Terry

I'm using Flexi with pnc 1000 driver, and serial cable. NO USB !! on the mh721 cutter.

been a whole day and no reponses from support,  will pack up and return soon.  very unhappy with my purchase so far.

i have send a pm with my number around 6am est and I respoded to an email from ken with my numbers.  sadly no calls and no help

6am et would be 3am to Ken. His day is far from over. He will get to you in time. A little patience will pay off.

yes I quite aware of the time difference. and I was having a particularly bad day.  and I did not help when I could not get anyone to answer their phone, nor could I leave a messege there as the voice mail appears to be down as well. 

I have a cnc router and a laser already and am no stranger various connection issues. 

worste problem is, I just know it's something stupid I overlooked a dozen times. 

I haven't seen Ken on today,and haven't heard from him either. He might be out sick,or maybe answering calls in the order which they were received. He is just one guy. He tries to help as fast as he can.

Your problem is most likely a settings issue. Post your setting in both Flexi and SB and let us see. Also,in Flexi..make sure your Flow Control is set to hardware. This is sometimes the problem.

Spoke to you on the phone a little bit ago, and you are going to try and locate a gender changer for the Serial cable, or another computer. I have not seen a computer act like that before.......it should not restart when plugging a USB device in.

thanks for calling Ken,  I'm sorry if I've been getting pissy on my posts but frustration can do that. Anyhow, now have some new avenues to tryout.  I'm glad it's not just me being stumped by this.  been doing this for 20 years now and can still learn something new.  oh and fyi.  can't buy serial ports over the counter and the chain stores.  best buy and circuit city employees hardly even know what a serial port is.  had one guy kept trying to give me a Sata "raid" card.  I'm not having much luck finding a serial gender changer either.  I'm clearly suffering from compusa withdraws. 

thank you also to those that have offered to help. 

Have no fear...compusa may be gone but newegg.com and tigerdirect.com are still around.

thanks for calling Ken,  I'm sorry if I've been getting pissy on my posts but frustration can do that. Anyhow, now have some new avenues to tryout.  I'm glad it's not just me being stumped by this.   been doing this for 20 years now and can still learn something new.   oh and fyi.  can't buy serial ports over the counter and the chain stores.  best buy and circuit city employees hardly even know what a serial port is.  had one guy kept trying to give me a Sata "raid" card.  I'm not having much luck finding a serial gender changer either.   I'm clearly suffering from compusa withdraws.   

thank you also to those that have offered to help. 

I have found that little Ma & Pa Computer shops have the best selection for older type connection stuff.

I honestly dont' know of any "ma & pa" type shops left in tampa, all appearto be ran/owned by the same people that all the Customer service is being outsourced too.

fyi gender change adapters are stocked by "radio shack" they run just under 10 bucks! also newegg.com is excellent for getting weird stuff.if ur working on a laptop,unless its really old and does have a serial port u don't need a gender bender you need a 9 pin serial card adapter.......but before u order u need to determine if u have a straight pmcia expansion slot or a express(narrower card) hope this helps.the whole usb thing with these plotters is mind numbing.....by the way with shipping my pmcia 9 pin card ran 40 bucks from newegg.com  hope this helps

well, finally got my serial cards in and lo and behold works no issue.  however I've tried it on different comps and still can't seem to get it to communicate with usb.