jfteague

Need help if someone is available...

I just got my MH721this afternoon and am trying to install it. I can't seem to get the computer to communicate with it at all. I've tried parallel, serial, and usb (including installing the drivers) and nothing seems to help. If someone is around and can help I'd appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the quick reply! I believe I did. I installed the new driver that was posted here in the forums this week. If self-installed I believe and I made sure it was assigned to COM2 and made the same settings in SignCut. Is there something else I need to do?

If your settings are as com port, then besure your connection is serial or the usb... I personally reccomend the serial connection as it seems the best.

You are checking the status of the ports in device manager correct?

Sometimes when you install a new perephial, windows will sometimes recognize it as another port besides com2... check under the ports in the device manager and you should see it there.  It will probably not say "plotter" or anyting, it is most likely to say communications port.  Be sure that the one in device manager matches the one in sign cut.

If you are using the serial connection (non usb) you shouldnt have to install any additional software besides signcut

Thanks for the help! I just checked back in to let everyone know I believe I got it going. It's cutting but now it looks like I need to do some adjusting. The font I just tested was kinda small so it didn't cut cleanly and rip in some areas. I guess that will get adjusted with practice. Thanks again for the help and hopefully I'm operational for good now.

Thanks again!

JT

Guest fivestar

Sounds like your blade depth is a little to deep or putting too much force on it.