Sign in to follow this  
lueman

contour cutting still doesn't work in scal 3.048!

Boy this is really frustrating! the contour cut feature goes through all the motions, but after setting the third point the software just hangs the cutter and nothing works until you do a hard reset. I love my LP24 and thanks to it, I'll be buying a more powerful printer/cutter, but I'm getting to the point that I don't know if I can trust USCUTTER for my next purchase.

I too love my LP24. But for contour cuts I have had my share of headaches as well. I have ccontour cut successfully with Signblazer only after severe headaches and trouble and with Signcut with better success with only minor trouble. For me when I had seen contour cut capability advertised at that price! It was like WOW what a deal. For straight out cutting its awesome. On another note UsCutter has always been easy to deal with and great customer service but I wish contour cutting with the LP24 would be more consistent.

• Like 1

this is worrying me.  I've had my LP2 for a week now just doing my regular vinyl cuts to get caught up and was hoping to do some contour cutting this weekend.  I am pretty familiar to scal so I'm hoping this is just a learning curve issue.

I have noticed that the first cut of the day is a bit wonky so I've learned to  send a small job first.  This better not be a dud choice.

G

The LP24 is not the issue, I've contour cut with Signblazer.  I have noticed the cutter going off track after a few  cuts, but I attribute that to the fact that I'm not using the same printer in the same secession. I print on the color printer at home then repeat the print & cut at work on a different printer.  Also SCAL is great for Rhinestones and the cut resolution is a little better/higher in SCAL.

DId any of you get the contour to work with the LP24? Mine is hanging, even with the 3.050 update. Was thinking of calling craft edge tomorrow.