Sign in to follow this  
Guest Terry

Funny hunting stories ????

Guest Terry

As long as we are off the subject here, who has funny hunting stories??? I have a great one. Lets here what you have first. ;)

My first hunt was right out of Patrick Mcmanus, Dad looks back at me and gives me the shush and motions me forward, points out a big buck and hands me a cartridge.

shaking like a leaf I slide it into the rifle and work the lever to charge, try to control my breath and pull up on the deer. did not even feel the kick but the buck went down hard and we tore off through the brush to have a look, half way there the big sucker gets up and powers over a ridge. all I have to show for that day is a big chunk of splintered antler :-)

Guest Terry

Thats buck fever, looking at the antlers is a no no. LOL ;)

My dad's hunting buddy could only hunt the one morning for a few hours before he had to go to work.  So it was no surprise to my dad that he called my dad and wanted my dad to do a little drive to him before he left.  What WAS the surprise is that he told my dad that he had just seen the biggest buck of his life come within 300 yards and just layed down.  He couldnt even see it anymore in the thich brush of the marsh he was overlooking - but he knew it didnt exit the otherside because it was just a thick "island" of sorts.  I hear them talking about all this over our walkie talkies, so I figured "What the hell, I might as well get down and move to my bro's stand which would would have a better chance if they missed... " being that it was across a 300yard open field from the marsh that they were in.  You just can't see much more than 1/4 of the field how his stand is tucked into the fenceline ( it's made to watch two other fields on each side, not the one it rests against ).

So my dad starts the drive, and starts getting to where it was laying down - within 20 yards.  The guy motions to my dad to circle the other way.  My dad turns around to jump back over the creek he had JUST crossed to go the way the guy wanted when it stands up - no more than 20 yards away.  My dad started to swing his gun, but it was gone. 

Once it cleared away from my dad, the guy plugged 3 shots from his treestand at it, but missed all 3.  All the while, im listening to them on the radio trying to figure out if they hit it, which way it went, ect, ect.... when i swore I saw something move in the trees along the fenceline next to the field you can't "Really" see....although it was just movement...could have been a squirrel, raccoon....didn't know.

......until the sucker stepped out of the fenceline into the open area no more than 50 yards from me.  I get the sights on him, and i still hear dad & his buddy blabbing about which way it went...  looking for blood... BAM.

I dropped it.

My dad's buddy comes over the radio "Well, That answers that..." in a totally dejected voice.  He knew he missed then, and that I finished the job.

When we processed it.  There was only one bullet hole.  My slug hole.

My dad's hunting buddy could only hunt the one morning for a few hours before he had to go to work.  So it was no surprise to my dad that he called my dad and wanted my dad to do a little drive to him before he left.  What WAS the surprise is that he told my dad that he had just seen the biggest buck of his life come within 300 yards and just layed down.  He couldnt even see it anymore in the thich brush of the marsh he was overlooking - but he knew it didnt exit the otherside because it was just a thick "island" of sorts.  I hear them talking about all this over our walkie talkies, so I figured "What the hell, I might as well get down and move to my bro's stand which would would have a better chance if they missed... " being that it was across a 300yard open field from the marsh that they were in.  You just can't see much more than 1/4 of the field how his stand is tucked into the fenceline ( it's made to watch two other fields on each side, not the one it rests against ).

So my dad starts the drive, and starts getting to where it was laying down - within 20 yards.  The guy motions to my dad to circle the other way.  My dad turns around to jump back over the creek he had JUST crossed to go the way the guy wanted when it stands up - no more than 20 yards away.  My dad started to swing his gun, but it was gone. 

Once it cleared away from my dad, the guy plugged 3 shots from his treestand at it, but missed all 3.  All the while, im listening to them on the radio trying to figure out if they hit it, which way it went, ect, ect.... when i swore I saw something move in the trees along the fenceline next to the field you can't "Really" see....although it was just movement...could have been a squirrel, raccoon....didn't know.

......until the sucker stepped out of the fenceline into the open area no more than 50 yards from me.  I get the sights on him, and i still hear dad & his buddy blabbing about which way it went...  looking for blood... BAM.

I dropped it.

My dad's buddy comes over the radio "Well, That answers that..." in a totally dejected voice.  He knew he missed then, and that I finished the job.

When we processed it.  There was only one bullet hole.  My slug hole.

You sure he didn't die from a heart attack with all that shooting?

;)

I got plenty of stories, mostly waterfowl and upland birds, but I'll save em for later.

No, I'm pretty sure it was the Winchester Partition Gold 2 & 3/4" 12guage slug that did the job. ;)

I have one but it is more for penthouse forum than a funny story .. ;) ....!!!!!!!