smendlik

Transfer tape for 651 Matte White

What transfer tape should I use with Oracal 651 Matte White?  I was told by USCutter customer service that RTape Clear AT60 would work but that doesn’t stick to the vinyl at all.  I have been trying the ORATAPE HT55 that I bought to use with Oracal 631 since that is also a matte finish and I’m getting better results but I’m still have problems with smaller pieces not sticking to the tape, no matter how much I rub the tape down onto the vinyl.

Is it maybe the tape is fine but my cutting pressure is too much/little?

Sorry I dont have answers, but watching your post for replies.  I have been using the HT55, but have the opposite problem of not sticking to the walls.  I have not used the white 631 though, it might be different.

I use Main medium tack paper transfer tape, and never have a problem with it sticking to matte finish vinyl like 651, calendered. permanent vinyl.

• Like 1

Mz SKEETER, can I ask which medium tack you use?  Perhaps not all medium tacks are created equal.

I use Main medium tack paper transfer tape, and never have a problem with it sticking to matte finish vinyl like 651, calendered. permanent vinyl.

Mz SKEETER, can I ask which medium tack you use?  Perhaps not all medium tacks are created equal.

Yes, I use Main perfect tear, medium tack, paper tape.  Main is the name brand.

Thanks, if I can't get the tape I already have to work better I just might give that a try.