Ok first let me explain our history so maybe someone out there could give me some advice..

I started out with a silhouette sd machine. I made some things for myself and others loved it and wanted me to make some for them so I did it was all good. Then for my own personal self I made on the same machine some wall decals and pieced them together and made large size designs for my doors and walls and car and others wanted me to make them for them as well so I decided to invest in a larger machine on the pretense that I would make designs for myself and a few friends. Well once I made the first design for my car window I started getting some orders and now I have one guy that approched me and asked if I could do strips for him on his car restoration and do strips for his 1972 Scout and I have another lady that approached me and asked if I could do some signage for her windows at her tatoos shop.. I live in an apartment complex so as I am outside working on my stuff I have attracted others with inquires..

So now my question for you all.. It seems that there is a demand in my area for vinyl on both the commercial and personal level. So if I were to decide to use my machine to start a business (let's face it we are all looking to make money so hey if the opportunity presents its self I would be crazy not to at least give it some honest thought)

Everyone has to start somewhere and I am willing to learn and I have to the time to do it.

So first where would one start learning how to do vinyl as a personal business? I am not looking for a get rich quick scheme, I truly do enjoy working with vinyl and the creative aspect of things. So where does one go to learn this. Is it possible to go from a personal hobbiest into a vinyl business?  Where is the line because I can see from the hobby side of things vinyl sells and I know doing it for a hobby and doing it for a business would be two different things. Now from a personal standpoint I had a successful pizza business in the past only got out of it due to health and insurance purposes. So I do unstand and have business experience already. So What is your experiences on getting started?

Thank you All so much for your help and advice I just don't want to miss an opportunity if its possible and I am trying to gain the advice from those of you who do it from a business and had to get started from the ground and build it..

Thank You

Randy

I have run construction type of business all my adult life I contracted building a home at 20 years old but already had several years of experience by then . My first vinyl signage was a few years ago after installing signage for local sign companys for several years I decided to start producing signage as well I cleared enough from the first sign to pay for my p cut and still have decent profit . You should do well if you have that much interest already .

Dan

• Like 2