Angel Dee

Switching from VinylExpress/LXi to USCutter/SureCutsAlotPro

after 4 yrs of using Vinyl Express Plotters & LXi Art program I have decided to switch to USCutter...my questions is I have 4+ yrs collection of vectorized designs/graphics/logos etc saved on a disc & in my computer. Can I use my designs with this new SureCutsAlot program ? (VE files)

you will need to convert them first - what version of LXI are you getting rid of - the master pro is same as flexi without the RIP - if it is apprentice it is basically flexi starter.  also you do know they have upgrade pricing on it right?

• Like 1

i no longer use or have LXi the pricing on the cutter setups tripled over night & i am over it. when you say "convert" please explain ? I am about as computer stupid as it gets, have always used LXi until now so the designs were user ready, lol. I have them burned onto a disc as well as still on my computer in pics. There are over 1200 designs, pretty much run my business with them :(

if the images ar .eps then most software will not be a problem - I am not sure if the scalp go the .eps working right or not - some who uses it will be able to anser that - the lxi if you still had it can be used on many cutters not just the one you had - and you could have had an updated version pretty cheap compared to flexi - I think my last minor upgrade was around 300.  I am guessing if the designs were cut ready they are .eps - just look in windows exporer at the extension on a file.
Scalp was a program for crafters and is undergoing a development right now to evolve into a real cutting software - they are doing pretty good but it is still not designed by the makers of Flexi like the LXI program is.

• Like 1

I used LXi Expert before I upgraded and it saves it's files as .VE (Vinyl Express) files that I have not been able to import into Corel Draw or Illustrator.  I believe there is a way to export them from within LXi, regardless of what level of the software you have.

I used to do my design work in Xara Photo and Graphic Designer v7 and export as .EPS or .AI and then import it into VE LXi to cut, so I was able to continue to use my original designs with Corel Draw, but the changes I made in LXi and saved are still locked up in .VE files....

Jones I think my newer versions like ver 10 saves everything in .fs - which should open in flexi pro

• Like 1

For LXi files you have the option to open the VE files then instead of saving as you export the file into whatever format you want it saved as, mine I exprt as eps files at the same time I save it as a VE file. That way if I can not open the VE file I still have it as another format to open. I save an image as a VE file then export it as the same name into EPS and JPEG files so that I can view it without having to open each one to see what it is.