sanantoniodetail

shakey V's and M's

im having issues with my us cutter SC series vinyl cutter. i am cutting lettering, i am using speed 400 and pressure 105

the blade is brand new(45*), the cutter is brand new. i had no issues cutting last week very large 2's 

please help!

i am cutting oracal 651

post-35749-0-79125700-1360382269_thumb.j

You don't say if that was a font or if it was converted, what is the scale the ruler is not visable to really tell?  without knowing alll that first I would slow the cutter down more.  Does the cutting strip have any cuts in it at that particular area? it doesn't seem as noticable on other letters

You don't say if that was a font or if it was converted, what is the scale the ruler is not visable to really tell?  without knowing alll that first I would slow the cutter down more.  Does the cutting strip have any cuts in it at that particular area? it doesn't seem as noticable on other letters

good point! it is a supplied font from Sure Cuts A Lot, font is lucida sans unicode. 

the scale is .60 tall for the "General Manager" and 1 inch tall for the Chara Vanzant

cutting strip is brand new. its only on the v's and M's notice i included the pen drawing from the cutter as well in the photo. 

included is a screen capture of my work space for the software. 

the cutter has only made a few pen drawings before, and 2 cuts . 

post-35749-0-32482300-1360383070_thumb.j

Being it doesn't show on the Z it is baffling - usually that is a problem on all diagonals on small lettering on the lower resolution cutters - but only on those letters - hopefully someone with one of those cutters can add some input on this.

Being it doesn't show on the Z it is baffling - usually that is a problem on all diagonals on small lettering on the lower resolution cutters - but only on those letters - hopefully someone with one of those cutters can add some input on this.

thank you very much for chiming in. you pointed me in the right direction and i was able to change the font and finish the job with out any more issues. 

so it turned out to be that particular font? - that is strange . . . I just brainstorm - sometimes we hit sometimes no

• Like 1

so it turned out to be that particular font? - that is strange . . . I just brainstorm - sometimes we hit sometimes no

yeah. it was the font i guess. it cut perfectly fine once i changed the font. i also slowed down the cutter to speed 300 instead of 400. either way, thank you :)

but this was only on 2 specific letters - I could see if it was on all diagonals - 

It appears the diagonals are the most noticable, but the "a   n"  in the bottom right, don't look that great either.  105 gr ps seems to be a lot to me, I run 12gr of pressure with 651 Oracal.

It appears the diagonals are the most noticable, but the "a   n"  in the bottom right, don't look that great either.  105 gr ps seems to be a lot to me, I run 12gr of pressure with 651 Oracal.

12 g pressure on oracal 651, with what machine, your SC? 

thanks for replying. i'll check that thread. 

Yes, 12 g presure on my SC. I cut some Chrome Vinyl and ony had to go up to 55 g. ps on it.  Do the test cut, your blade should just barely cut into the backing paper.