Si

Refine EH721 " Write port error "

Refine EH721

Date purchased (Date is best, otherwise month and year) can't remember had it atleast a year or two

connected via 9 pin serial cable into COM1

software is FlexiSIGN 7.6v2

OS is windows xp pro with service pack 2

You need to disable "connect to local production manager using TCP/IP" for flexi.

open flexi, goto edit, prefrences, then tools, scroll down and highlight the Cut/plot icon, uncheck the box and click  okay...

You should get no more write port errors.

dude i have done what you have suggested i seem to be getting the same problem still i think i might restart my computer and see how that goes, if nothing changes i will check msinfo32 again so far no hardware conflicts.

any other suggestions?

I was getting the write port error, and this fixed me.

Have you had any luck Si in getting this resolved?

nope not yet bro have you got another suggestion,

is it possible to save your cutter config as a file???

if so does anyone have that file who is using Windows XP PRO SP2 and using FlexiSIGN Pro 7.6v2 and also uses a Refine EH721 vinyl cutter.

can i have a copy plz!!!

try checking your com port settings in windows and flexisign.If it has 9600 baud in the flexi,it also has to have the same baud rat and hardware settings in the windows port settings.

checked and that is all clear billy !

i would also like to report that in FlexiSIGN 7.6 there is a manufacturer listed as Xpert and it has the EH721 listed in there.

just to update whats going on!

i have tried all of the HP drivers and nothing, i have also tried the Roland PNC1000 drivers and nothing and finally i have also tried this one " Ioline SmarTrac I/S60 " i am currently using this one Xpert EH721 and i think i would like to stick with this one and hopefully with a bit of luck and our collective know how the bastard will work.

I couldn't say if it would work.I know that there are two different drivers for the ones uscutters sells and that if the refine and the refine selltopia.With the xpert in front of it,it could be another version.I don't know how many different companies sell the refine cutters branded with their name,but I think there are quite a few.But I run R2 with a roland pnc1000 driver in flexi.I only use the refine driver in signcut.

I named my 721 R2D2 because it sounds just like him when it's running.

wassup fellaz,

This is what i have done now -

setup a stand alone machine with fresh install of Windows XP Pro with service pack 2

only installed FlexiSIGN 7.6v2 and no other software

used the Xpert EH 721 setup for my cutter which was located in this version of flexi

and changed port settings in com2, i set the flow control to hardware to match the cutter setup in flexi.

and still bloody nothing, also i did some reading on some errors i got Event ID's 5603,63 and lucky last 1517.

any takers please help

Is your plotter a US Cutter, Refine Model MH721 or the other Refine EH721? 

If you are the MH721, set your driver to the Roland PNC1000 driver. Works for me

Tater I have the " EH 721 " and i have already tried your solution and it didn't work the last time i reinstalled the machine

When I get a solution and I will one way or another, I will be sire to post the solution up here. Is there a permanent articles area in this forum.

and thanks heaps for all your help guys, love your work.

If it were me I would move it to the lpt port.If you installed it on a stand alone computer with the same results and you are using the correct driver,then it is the cabling.I have installed my 721 on com and lpt.I have the copam installed on an lpt.I would try that since you seem to be getting nowhere with the setup you have.

Wassup Guys,

Since our last chat i have reinstalled the PC and installed and tested with Vinyl Master Pro 2.70 and Artcut again with glorious success, and i have been using the sysinternals suite "portmon" to monitor the ports activity. and Flexi "7.0" and "7.6v2" still no success. and lastly I have tried billy's recommendation and tried LPT1, still no success.

The cables that come with the units, do they have a customised pin assignments. I assumed that they would be generic RS232 and LPT cables is this correct.

does the " EH 721 " or the " MH 721 " have windows drivers that anybody knows of.

if links could be provided aswell it would be great.

The only windows drivers available for that model are USB drivers. You can download them from uscutter.com, just click downloads, then Refine downloads and it is the top selection. If you are using the LPT1 or COM1 connections, you do not need to install drivers, nor will our cutter show up in printers/ faxes.

I know i have asked this before but is anyone here using a Refine EH721 with FlexiSIGN 7.6v2 or any other version for that matter. I would love to bounce some ideas off someone who knows what they are on about.

Have just set up my second Refine EH721 and like the first time had trouble getting started but as it had been several years I had forgot what we did.  After quite a few hours on the phone with a fellow user of not just the plotter but the Artcut program we are both running, a mate of his put his two pence in and said was our " printer set" up as with a Default  i.e. a printer we wanted to use as a primary printer which we did.  We took this setting off and all started to run fine. It was alot of trouble to find the problem so it maybe something to try or look at as we changed the ports from Com1  to Lpt1 and nothing changed till we took the DEFAULT OFF.

JUST LEFT AN EXPLAINATION OF THE POSSIBLE PROBLEM THAT I FINALLY AFTER 24 HOUR OF LONG DISTANT CONVERSATIONS,  WE FOUNF=D THAT THE COMPUTER HAD A PRINTER SET UP AS THE DEFAULT PRINTER IN MY CASE IT WAS MY THERMAL TILL PRINTER, ONCE WE TOOK THE DEFAULT OFF (WE HAD TO DELETE THE PRINTER AS I COULDN'T UN DO DEFAULT), EVERYTHING STARTED TO WORK. MY PROGRAMMED CUTTING WAS BEING SENT TO THE DEFAULT PRINTER AND LEFT IN THE MEMORY.