sanantoniodetail

SC series with 3rd party software

i am looking to purchase the sc series vinyl cutter for personal and potential business use.

i have already purchased flexi, and i have coral draw on my pc as well as adobe illustrator. 

while reading reviews i found this

Software is not intuitive and must be installed to use plotter. Other machines can be run just like a printer from 3rd party software, like Adobe Illustrator. This plotter must be run from packaged software. This machine is fairly loud and is not a fun thing to load. But over all I am impressed with it.

is this true? or can the SC series cutter be used with flexi, coral draw, and adobe illistrator.

Ok, you purchased Flexi... there are many versions that everybody just says "Flexi"... So, what version?  Some will work,  some not...  What do you have?  on what computer operating system?

Ok, you purchased Flexi... there are many versions that everybody just says "Flexi"... So, what version?  Some will work,  some not...  What do you have?  on what computer operating system?

sorry for the lack of information. it was a simple question if it would work with 3rd party software or not, here is what i have:

flexiSIGN-Pro 8.1v1

build number 1115

i also have coral draw x5

i lastly  have adobe Cs5 illustrator. 

the question is, is what the guy said true. or was he mis-informed and must be running a version that is not supported. 

i have windows 7

The SC can be ran with other software. Like SCALP, SIGNCUT, Newer Flexi software. 8.5 and newer.  It is actually a Liyu.   Sorry, no it was not a simple question for what you have. There are variables...Ok,  just to let you know, that Flexisign pro 8.1 was made for XP and older operating systems..   It was not even Vista compatible until version 8.5,  Flexi 10 was made for Windows 7.  So,  it can be very hit or miss on whether it will operate correctly all the time, with windows 7. or even at all.  SAI will tell you the same thing.  Flexisignpro 8.1 is not for windows 7.  It is written on the Flexi forums. You may get some things to work, but it is hit or miss for cutting.

You have to have the Liyu driver in Flexisignpro.8.1,  and it is not in Flexisignpro. 8.1...and the last person I read that tried to install the Liyu driver, couldn't get it to install in Flexisignpro 8.1.

The SC can be ran with other software. Like SCALP, SIGNCUT, Newer Flexi software. 8.5 and newer.  It is actually a Liyu.   Sorry, no it was not a simple question for what you have. There are variables...Ok,  just to let you know, that Flexisign pro 8.1 was made for XP and older operating systems..   It was not even Vista compatible until version 8.5,  Flexi 10 was made for Windows 7.  So,  it can be very hit or miss on whether it will operate correctly all the time, with windows 7. or even at all.  SAI will tell you the same thing.  Flexisignpro 8.1 is not for windows 7.  It is written on the Flexi forums. You may get some things to work, but it is hit or miss for cutting.

You have to have the Liyu driver in Flexisignpro.8.1,  and it is not in Flexisignpro. 8.1...and the last person I read that tried to install the Liyu driver, couldn't get it to install in Flexisignpro 8.1.

:)  it was pretty simple. the review written was incorrect in bluntly stating that all 3rd party software wont work. unfortunately you clarified that my flexi wont work with the sc vinyl cutter. which is fine. 

flexi 8.1 works on my system no problems with the mh series, so though it was made for xp, it seems to work fine with windows 7!  

the driver not being in flexisignpro 8.1 will be the issue. thats perfectly fine. i am hear to learn. i appreciate any and all information.

i do have coral draw x5 and adobe illustrator cs5, i should be fine then i assume? 

You can use the Corel x5 and Adobe Cs5 for design software, to import your designs into the Signcut cutting software or the Scalp software they send you with the purchase of a vinyl cutter.

You can use the Corel x5 and Adobe Cs5 for design software, to import your designs into the Signcut cutting software or the Scalp software they send you with the purchase of a vinyl cutter.

yeah. i just been using the flexisignpro 8.1 and watching so many videos on it since , my original intent was to purchase the MH, and reviews say that the software it came with , was awful. but now i am realizing that signcutpro isnt to bad, is it? i can still do registration marks on signcutpro for multicolor projects and all that i bet.

I have never cut with the software that comes with the USCUTTER vinyl cutters. So, someone else will have to help you with those.

• Like 1

I have never cut with the software that comes with the USCUTTER vinyl cutters. So, someone else will have to help you with those.

again thank you so much for your help! im off in the right direction now. 

i purchased a refurbished sc series 25 inch cutter for 239$ and a stand for 59$ which was 308$ shipped. rep said that some people were able to get the drivers installed from the uscutter website, and were able to run 8.1, he said not every one got it to work but he knows its not out of the question. 

From USC ? Did the review you speak of review the current software ( SCALPro ) packaged with cutters or what was previously packaged ( SignCut & free design software ) ?