Sign in to follow this  
jdmarti1

TC or LPII

OK - This is all new to me.  I have never cut vinyl, but I want to.  I want to do chloroplast signs for my business, and I like doing things in house.  Eventually I would like to do shirts (screen and dye sublimation), for my business and the ball teams I coach.  Not to mention mouse pads, coffee cups etc.  I figure my wife could also get into it for crafty kinds of things.  I know I'm not going to need to spend the kind of money the high dollar cutters cost - for no more use than I will be giving it, but I want a good flexible unit.  I have pretty much narrowed it down to either the TC or LPII - but really can't figure out the major differences and which would be best.  Any ideas for the experts?

The very first thing I noticed is the TC has segmented grit rollers, for improved tracking of longer cuts.

However, because of this design, you are limited as to where you can place the pinch-rollers (they have to align over the lower segmented points) and that may mean smaller scraps and odd sizes of vinyl won't necessarily hit those positions properly.

I've never used one with segmented rollers, so I am just expressing my estimation of this potential drawback ---- maybe there is someone else here who has hands-on feedback about that.

It so happens that the price is the exact same for either one ($500 for 24" and $600 for the 30")

Segmented grit rollers are not a draw back, at all.   That Laserpointer11,  also has pinch roller marks above, where they need to be on it... They are the the same on the Graphtecs.   I also have a Seiki with full grit roller.  So, I have used both.  I can use any scrap pieces on the Graphtec.  Starting with 2" wide.

The TC machine has a lot more memory than the LaserPointer11...  Which really helps, when cutting  very detailed designs.

• Like 1