Just HOW do you adjust the blade depth? :huh: I am trying to use my new Laserpoint 24", and the instructions are just absolutely, complete, utter nonsense!  I have my blade assembly right here, dissasembled in front of me,  From left to right I have:  1) A small, thin metal rod about 1" in length.  2) The largest piece of the assembly, which is black, has threads on the bottom and a hole in the top where the aforementioned rod goes.  3) The cutting blade, which fits (and springs into place magnetically) into the bottom of the large black metal piece.  4) The cap for the bottom of the entire assembly, which screws onto the bottom of the aforementioned large black piece.

Having said all that, where is there any "adjustability?"  I can push down on the thin metal rod at the top of the assembly, and doing that pushes the blade farther out the hole at the bottom, but it doesn't stay there, it just bounces back!  What gives here???

the thin metal rod is for ejecting the blade,it has nothing to do with the blade adjustment. I'm not sure exactly which blade holder you have BUT this post might make things clear. BTW you should never have to disassemble the holder.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,3750.0.html

it is very simple. You insert the blade into the hole at the bottom (NOT the hole where the rod is). You turn the bit that you inserted the blade into anti-clockwise to expose LESS of the blade.

Hey, this one had me confused when I started out too... I figured that the rod was in the same spot where you put the blade, but the thin rod is actually in the OPPOSITE end the holder from where the blade goes.  You rotate the top portion of the screw (the part with the rod sticking out) counter clockwise for less blade depth and clockwise for more blade depth.  Hope that clears things up a bit.

Meredith

The cap (blade cap) is for safety (very sharp blades) and provides some effect in keeping the vinyl down if it tends to 'pooch' up (my own term) while the arm travels across your material.

If you find that during cuts of very small/fine designs you get vinyl sticking to it, try cutting without the cap. Less surface area for loose vinyl to catch.