Sign in to follow this  
Engraved By Light

Problems importing from coreldraw x5

Hello everyone,

First off i am a newbie in regards to working with vinyl and this software. I have a laser engraving business and have been designing and programming for about 6 years now and just purchased a vinyl cutter last week. I use coreldraw x5 for my engraving work and i have been trying to export/save some designs from it and import them into scalp without any luck. I have tried every format that seems to be supported by the software. The only things that i am able to get to go through are simple shapes/lines but no text or anything that i have designed/created in corel. I have even imported images to trace and that worked just not if they go through coreldraw.

I may just be looking past something simple and just not realizing it. I am sorry if this has been covered somewhere but I have been looking for awhile and have not found a solution to the issue. If anyone can guide me in the right direction i would really appreciate it. I have seen post where people suggest other software and i may look into it but until that happens i hope there is something that can be done to fix this issue.

Thanks

Patrick