Sign in to follow this  
JustMe

What Is This?

What is the eSpeed  Vale number suppose to be set to and what is it's purpose?

Does the blade suppose to show all the time after you adjust it or just when its cutting. The only time my blade shows is when you push the skinny metal tip on the blade holder :huh: ???

Guest fivestar

The blade should be showing at all times.....well actually I don't think you can see it while it is cutting the vinyl......but while it's sitting idle you should barely see the tip pretruding out the bottom of the holder.

The speed value is the speed at which the cutter runs.It will run from 48 inches per second all the way down to 8 i.p.s..I usually run mine at 24 i.p.s. unless I am doing something with a lot of fine detail then I'll turn it down to 16 or 12.When I run large pen plots I set it at 12 because if you run it faster it will dry the pen out.

I'm sorry it's the eSpeed Vale it only goes to number 8 Look on the welcome screen on the plotter by the Baud

I'm not sure,but I think it has something to do with the electronic speed that the computer feeds the design onformation to the cutter.I have mine set at 5 and 9600 baud.And I am running on com 1

The default for the e Speed is +0 and default for the Baud is 9600. Anytime you turn the cutter off and then back on, the cutter is reset to defaults.

Not exactly certain what the e Speed is for, but I will look into it and try and find out. We have never adjusted the e Speed to do any cutting, so for now I would not mess with it.

Ken