umbrobryan

CR630 Findings Uneven Cutting

Hello everyone. About a month ago I purchased a used PCut CR 630 with a ton of vinyl. I wanted to share my findings with everyone as to help other Newbies like my self.

In pulling the machine out of the box I found multiple issues the prevented the machine from even cutting its test square. The main concern was the carraige was only rolling on the top rail. Some how it had popped off the bottom rail. I was able to get it back on the rail and i tried a test cut. It was barely cutting so i performed a blade depth adjustment. It started cutting its test squares.

I downloaded Signblazer and the drivers for the 630 and it took me a while of messing with settings to get it to cut but it finally started working as well. Im not sure what i had wrong initally but after resetting everything back to the way it was orriginally installed it worked great.

I started with small decals and the ugliest vinyl i recieved and burned through the whole roll of narrow vinyl learning how to edit nodes and fit my creations on the sheet.

I picked up some 24"house vinyl from my local Fellers last night. I had a request for some basic phone number stickers and i was able to get all the stickers into a 10" long section using the whole width of 24". I was super pumped until i realized that the right side of the cutter was barely even schratching the vinyl.

I adjusted blade depth and still barely scratched on the right and cut all the way thru on the left. Something was not right. I disassembled the right side of the machine and looked for adjust screws hoping to find either a way to raise the bed or lower the carraige. No success. Next i pulled the plastic cutting strip out and starting shiming it up on the right with thin strips of vinyl. I started getting some where...The strip ended up really high onthe right and normal on the left.

This was not correct. I removed the shims, had a stiff drink and scoured the forums for advise. I found people saying try a serial cable instead of usb, install a new plastic cutting strip if you can find it, adjust blade depth, sell the machine and buy a better brand...etc

"THE SOLUTION FOR UNEVEN CUTTING THAT WORKED FOR ME'

In theory if it cuts good on one side and not the other your blade depth is good...atleast good enough to make do with. Most likely your cutting strip is worn or uneven or the slot it sits in is warped. Our blade control solenoid will only opperate in certian range. We dont care how far it goes up but we care about how far it goes down and how much pressure it uses. The blade needs to be able to evenly apply pressure from the left side to the right side the whole way across the cutting strip.

I concluded that possibly the solenoid was running out of down travel so i got my allen bits out and there is one allen that attaches the solenoid to the cutting blade fixture. I loosened this allen screw, pushed the blade fixture all the way down and held it. While holding the fixture down i pushed the solenoid a little over 3/4 of the way down and retightened the allen set screw.

Talk about consistency... one more blade depth adjust ment and we were cutting vinyl like a pro. I have some Cleancut blades on order b/c i was really starting to get worried i bought a POS but with patience and thinking i was able to overcome. It really is a good machine if its setp up correct..

Ill try and snap a pic if the set screw im talking about when i get home and ill post a review of the new blades when i get them...

Until later,

Sideshow out

• Like 1

I don't know if the design of the CR's and CT's may be the same, but that's good info to keep around. One of those things few would think to look into. Thanks for sharing!