Sign in to follow this  
juniorranger

Copam 2500 when trying to cut it advances my vynil out the back then tries to ct

I have tried various placment with this fifteen inch roll, when i try to cut a sign length wise on the cutter it cuts a straight line across then advances my vinyl out the back of the machine then tries to start cutting. If i try and cut something across the vinyl it seems to do fine, this is driving me crazy.........

Figured it out... You have to put slack in the roll or it sences a jam and vibrates and kicks the vinyl out the back of the machine.. I think............. :-

It may have something to do with that. It is fairly common to loosen enough material off of the roll for the job you are cutting.

Once it measures the material, advance the material a bit and then reset the origin by holding down on the Enter button for a few seconds, and then try to cut.

I don't know if this is the same , but when the vinyl slid out the back of my Copam  , i slowed the speed down . I think it was moving too fast for the pinch rollers to keep traction ( seemed it only did it with certain vinyl ) .