Squewheet

Mac/VMWare/Win7 - Flexi 8.1

I have a 27" iMac that I just updated to Mac Lion. And I have installed vmware fusion 4 and I have installed windows 7. Now I have installed Flexi 8.1 but I can't find my cutter on the program. But I read on here somewhere that you can use the Roland PNC-1000 to work and it should work just fine. Also I can't seem to figure out how to install the driver that I downloaded from here on my win 7. It's kinda weird cause when I go to device manager like the instructions say it don't show other devices like the tutorial shows. I don't know if it is because I have my iMac connect to the MH-871 cutter thru usb/serial convertor. So I can't figure out how to install the driver where I need it and I don't know how I am supposed to get the cutter to be recognized by my vmware/win 7 on my iMac.

If anyone can help then I would greatly appericiate it.

Thanks,

Squewheet

Flexi 8.1 is for XP on down.. Was not even compatible with Vista until version Flexi8.5 It will be hit or miss with anything higher than Windows XP. And that info is available on THEIR forum..

How is it that I got it to run on my windows 7 then......? I guess I will have to get a newer version of Flexi and then see if I can get it to work. It might eliminate all the problems I am having now.

How is it that I got it to run on my windows 7 then........?

like I said,,, it will be hit or miss when you go to cut. Others have tried also on windows 7.. Some can get it to cut correctly, some can't, Or it will cut lines where it shouldn't. Lines all over your cut designs. Blade offset will not be correct. Printing will not be correct.

How is it that I got it to run on my windows 7 then......? I guess I will have to get a newer version of Flexi and then see if I can get it to work. It might eliminate all the problems I am having now.

Might just be cheaper to get a PC with XP. desk top with serial. Many can be had on the big auction site cheap. You will want a dedicated cutting computer anyway.

I still run on XP. with an XP back up. and a few on here still do also. It's very stable.

Feel free to go to SAI support and ask them...

You may be running into issues just with VMWare alone... cutting from a virtual machine isn't done very often if at all. I run from Windows 7 on 8.1 with good success but causes issues with production manager once in a while (using compatibility mode)---

Using the Mac alone makes it inherently fussy IMO.

Also as far as softwares go- with the release of Windows 8 Microsoft is ceasing support for XP and Office 2k3 as of April 8th 2014... Any moneys spent on software that wont run on anything but XP or Vista should be strongly weighed.

I Finally got it to work. I had to unplug my keyspan from my mac and then re plug it in and it installed the driver for it and I was ready to go.