SlackTideGear

SC34 SignCut Pro issue

Hello I have a US Cutter SC-34 Series I was using USB and everything was fine -except with my last cut which was sticker i had scanned in then vectorized. Upon cut it had various cut marks that are on the vinyl but no where on the svg file i'm using...I even looked at the wireframe in corel and outline in inkscape no lines to be seen on the file but when i cut it there are crazy cut lines all over the place. can someone please help?i read other posts that said if weird things happen to use a keyspan - well noone in town has them here in savannah so I went and bought a gigaware usb to serial adapter installed driver then checked the com port and the device will not cut even the test cut with the usb/gigaware adaptor - need some help!! Got orders due!!! lol

thanks,

Slack Tide

I figured it out - had to group objects and then go to path and union all of the nodes this hasnt happened before - taking the keyspan back! lol never could get the cutter to work with it.

I figured it out - had to group objects and then go to path and union all of the nodes this hasnt happened before - taking the keyspan back! lol never could get the cutter to work with it.

that is not a REAL KEYSPAN.. you explained you were using. and not all USB to serial cables will work correctly with a vinyl cutter.

Keyspan is actually a brand name, and the best out there. You will probably purchase it eventually, so get the correct one next time.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item1c0999baa2

The gigaware USB cable is actually one of the most capable. It just has to be setup correctly. I have used them for the past 2 years without fail as they are easy to acquire, here in town at the local Rat-shack.

That being said, Keyspan devices are compatible with just about anything, but if you can't get one, or don't have time- the gigaware usb cable works great. I used one with my LP24 for the entire time I had it with no issues.

Once the driver is installed- you have to look in your device manager and make sure you know what port number it is (each USB port you plug it into will populate a different port number) and then from there make sure the bit-rate and partiy is set properly.