motoxchic

Saving vinyl & orientation, newbie question

I have some practicing and adjusting to do with my new SC 25" cutter. Seems like everything cuts from front to back down the roll edge. How do I get it to cut sideways across the cut edge of my vinyl (basically the front edge)? Would that be lining up the image on the left side of SCP? Seems like that is the easier way to conserve vinyl?

Also, how do I use the small scraps, say 8.5x11 to test on? Still trying to orientate myself with SignCut and all the new terminology.

My brain feels like it might explode from all the information I have taken in the last few days. Its now 2:30a, been online for 2 hours just getting the basic install info down and learning how to layer multi colored decals and going through all 7 pages of the instructional forum. I have several jobs lined up and would like to practice practice and still have some vinyl left! lol

In Signcut you just rotate the image 90* with the button on the bottom. For small scraps, move the rollers on the cutter to the vinyl and then just set your origin so it's on the front right corner of the vinyl. For layered peices, Signcut has a good video on how to do it on their website.