joejcr

Can pictures like this be vectorized?

I have a friend that is an artist that I am going to print greeting cards, shirts, posters etc for. But some of his work is very detailed. I don't have much if any experience with converting from jpg to vector and would like to know if his type of art could be done to cut for t-shirts or if it would be better to just print on transfer paper.

Thanks

post-2058-12986516215333_thumb.jpg

post-2058-12986516237412_thumb.jpg

I would not try to vectorize that. Printing on tranfer paper would be my suggestion.

Not quite sure what you mean...I was really figuring it would be next to impossible to vectorize and weed this type of picture, god knows even if I were to try it, it would take about 3 years to weed and just one mistake I would have to hang myslef... :huh:

My suggestion is to have it sublimated. 

It would be pretty easy for a screen printer to print that kind of stuff.  Not cost effective if you are only going to have a few made though.  Getting large enough copy to work with would be a consideration.  It could probably be vectorized if you had a nice clean image, you would lose some of the detail and all the shading though.  If you just want a couple of shirts, you could go to cafepress and let them print them digitally directly on the t-shirts.