Sign in to follow this  
gogetemgraphix

contour has jagged edges

Give us a step by step of how your are creating your contour.  There really isn't much you can do wrong.  It is really an automatic process except for telling it how big you want the contour and whether you want it inside or outside.

i have coreldraw 12, my contour has jagged edges....is there any way to fix this and what causes it?

thanks

lue anne

Are they jagged when it cuts? Could be the blade depth and pressure setting.

Ken,

The jaggies seem to be in the image.  When fivestar or I re-contoured her images in Corel they cut fine.  Lue Anne uses Corel as well and her contours seem to turn out jagged, no idea why.  She uses 12, I use X3, not sure what version fivestar has.  Shouldn't be much if any difference. It is an automatic process, as long as the item that your are contouring is smooth then the contour should follow the same outline.  Fivestar contoured the same font that she was using and it turned out smooth.  I contoured the font converted to curves and it turned out fine.

Guest fivestar

I am using X3 also, but like dgreenh said it shouldn't matter the version.  Not for sure what is causing that problem.

i type my number and then select effects/contour and choose outside. once it is done i send it to signcut....i don't convert to curves, should i?

thanks

lue anne

Guest fivestar

I always do for the simple fact that if you use the envelope tool on a font and don't convert it to curves it cuts multiple times, but that shouldn't make your contour jagged that I am aware of.

Effects > Contour, select outside and the size.  No other user adjustments.  Now when I contour something, I usually break the contour group apart but that wouldn't have anything to do with having jagged edges.  I don't have a clue.  I don't think the contour effect in Coreldraw has changed since like version 7.  Maybe your contour filter is corrupt?  Maybe uninstall and reinstall Corel for a refresh.  I don't have any other ideas.