Sign in to follow this  
ericlecarde

Single pass setting for copam?

I was just wondering if there is a single pass setting for cutting vinyl? It seems like going over the same path twice is redundant and is wasting time. More importantly towards the end of run the blade creates micro-slivers of vinyl where it missed the cutting path. Since the cutter cuts all the way through the vinyl the first time I thought someone else on the forum thought of this too. Thanks.

most cutters already cut single cuts. And that option would be in your cutting software for more passes. Are you sure you don't have duplicate paths in your image? If there are duplicate paths, it will just cut them all.

Yes like Mz Skeeter says. The copam will only do a single cut unless your cutting software tells the cutter to cut again or there are two paths in your file. You can post the file(s) your have problems with and one of the helpful people here will open and examine the file for problems. But at the very least we need to know what software your using to cut images. You can go through the settings of your software and look for anything about double cut or over cut I think are the terms.

Great, thanks for the quick reply. Ill check the files and let you know if the issue still exists. I'm using vector images imported from Illustrator to sign cut pro. Its possible that there is something going on with them, I never thought of that. thanks.

Ok, I've been reading into the multiple path scenario and it seems that most of my images converted from a .psd have multiple paths. It also looks like a PITA to fix and there is not a quick fix for it. I would greatly appreciate if you could look at the file I've attached and let me know if there is anything I can do. Thanks soo much. I'm new to this stuff but Im a quick learner :)

Map 12.ai

Ok, I've been reading into the multiple path scenario and it seems that most of my images converted from a .psd have multiple paths. It also looks like a PITA to fix and there is not a quick fix for it. I would greatly appreciate if you could look at the file I've attached and let me know if there is anything I can do. Thanks soo much. I'm new to this stuff but I'm a quick learner :)

I've been searching for days now and cant find anything very helpful about removing duplicate paths. Can this even be done?

Im not to familiar with adobe illustrator. The learning curve is to steep and It takes me to long to create images. Well I had a long reply typed out about your image not having nodes, then I figured out how to turn them on. This is why I dont like AI. Its complicated. Anyways it does appear there is two maps layered on top of each other. How to fix that in AI, im not sure. There are some experts on here, im sure someone can help.

Maybe make a new thread now that we know its not a copam problem. Itll be more visibility.

It sounds to me like you are talking about not cutting common lines. Where two squares are touching side by side, only cutting the common line one time. Is this correct?