Hello,

my cutter was working good, but now it keeps going

to the  left end of carriage and grinding, and cutting

through the whole picture/text straight lines and angles wrecking vinyl,( thats everything I try to cut) I use signcut and winpcsign, they both do it. I've tried serial, parallel, and the usb connections, with same problems. I though it might be static so i did extra grounding. (this is getting expensive and very frustrating ) ,any suggestions that might correct problem?

Sound to me that Its possibly a hardware issue.

Do you have the machine plugged into a surge protector?

I would be using the ballpoint pen and poster board untill I figured out the problem.It would save you a lot of vinyl that way.And it could have very well been a static or grounding problem.But if it was,it has probably allready done the damage and the extra grounding won't help.I don't see changing the connections to be an issue since you had it working before.I agree with Tater,it sounds like a hardwre problem.IF you didn't have it grounded good it could be from a static discharge.

i HAVE SIGNCUT AS WELL AND IT WAS WORKING GREAT UNTIL i CAME ACROSS THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM YOU HAVE WHERE THE CUTTING WOULD JUST GO EVERYWHERE AND THE DESIGN WOULD BE HISTORY BECAUSE OF ALL THE CUTS IT TOOK EVERYWHERE ACROSS THE VINYL. i DONT BELIEVE ITS A HARDWARE PROBLEM THOUGH ALL BECAUSE MINE WAS GREAT FOR ABOUT A MONTH THEN IT JUST STARTED TO HAPPEN. I DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS.

I was having the same problem.  I found that my file contained alot of nodes.  For example, a square had hundreds of nodes instead of just the four it needed.  I deleted the unecessary nodes and I had better luck, although I don't know if its totally fixed the problem.  Maybe a memory issue, I'm not sure.  Hope that helps.

Hello,

I am also having the same problem with the knife dragging.

I am having trouble with the knife not lifting up most of the time as it is cutting, causing a partial cut in the vinyl.

Sometimes it just stops in the middle of cutting job also......does not go back .

I am thinking it is a static or ground issue...........anyone have their plotter on carpet or vinyl flooring?

Guest fivestar

Mine is on carpet and never had those problems.

The knife drag issue I have seen a few times with returned cutters, and a new motherboard has solved the issue each time. If you are under warranty, this is a covered issue. If you are not, I would suggest ordering a replacement MB from uscutterdirect.com

:xxx

tengo una mh 721 y uso sign blazer elements activado legal en windows 7, siempre me ha trabajado perfecto, pero ahora tengo el mismo problema despues de cambiar de usb a serial. en usb venia trabajando bien. solo que el puerto usb del plotter fallo este usb se desprendio desde la main board pues la fabricacion es cheap, ahora no trabaja. ni en usb ni en serial ni en lpt1. igual sigo teniendo el mismo problema de arrastre de la cuchilla, he tratado de contactar a uscutter y tampoco he recibido respuesta. no creo sea problema de statica ni de hardware. sin embargo sigo esperando si soporte de uscutter se digne a enviarme una respuesta de ayuda.

aqui dejo un link de como se ve mi corte.

http://michelguerrero.com/cortedefectuoso.jpg

:(