Guest georgehine

how deep should I cut?

Guest georgehine

ok so I cut a sign for a guy that had a bunch of letters in it. his problem was that he had a hard time pulling the decal from the backing paper. the letters kept a hold of the blue silicon backing and tore away from the paper backing. Am I cutting to deep if it cuts into the silicon backing? also can I pull the whole decal with the transfer tape and apply it to parchment papar? so that I know he wont have that problem.

• Like 1

If the backing paper comes with the vinyl it is too deep check depth adjustment and pressure settings . Take the blade holder from the machine check the blade sticking out it should barley protrude from the holder . On a scrap pc of vinyl hold the blade holder in your hand and with plenty of force drag the blade holder across the vinyl then peel back the vinyl if the backing is barley marked (not cut at all) it is at the right depth if not adjust up or down till it is right . I run at about 80 grams of pressure on my pcut for general cutting you may need more or less pressure depending on your machine and type of vinyl you cut . Do test cuts and see how it looks before cutting and when switching vinyl before your cutting out a file to make sure the adjustment is correct . These adjustments are ongoing when you change blades and like I said with different vinyls .do some reading and I think there was a video about blade depth/adjustment in off topic a while back . Hope this helps some .

Dan