taskforce4u

New to the forum and the vinyl game

Just wanted to introduce my husband and I to you guys. I am Terri and my husband is Jeff it's kinda of a crazy reason why we got in to the vinyl business. We are in the process of moving to a small town in Missouri from the outskirts of Memphis. We own a security/alarm business and could not find anyone in town to do our shop windows and the new van we aquired...found a plotter & software on craigslist bought it. Thru reading stuff on here and youtube I was able to figure out how to decal the van and the window. Looks pretty decent for a first timer. See things I need to improve upon but at least folks are saying I did pretty good. lol Anyhow since I know folks will start seeing me around with questions so I wanted you guys to know who we were! Thanks for the post that have helped me out so far and I hope I don't ware you guys out with some crazy questions. Since no one else does it and I have the equipment I am going to give it a good ole country try.

Jeff and Terri

Welcome to the forums Jeff and Terri! You should post up some pictures of your van and anything else you did over in the recent work section! What kind of cutter did you guys pick up?

Hi Jeremy,

We have a Gerber P2C and the Omega software along with Adobe Illustrator. I don't think this turned out to be a very poplar type cutter but it is doing the job right now. I have find some different things I want to learn how to do and other equipment type needs, but I am starting small and working my way up. LOL!

Hello and welcome to the forum Terri and Jeff .actualy gerber is a very good machine pro quality and good sofrware along with Adobe you should be able to do about anything you want . Good luck

Dan

• Like 1

Thanks Dan, funny I was just reading some stuff you had posted on another topic. Plus I am so glad to hear that this is a good system. Some other people I have talked to said it was a piece of junk. LOL! folks always say things like that if they think you might take even $1 away from them.

Thanks Dan, funny I was just reading some stuff you had posted on another topic. Plus I am so glad to hear that this is a good system. Some other people I have talked to said it was a piece of junk. LOL! folks always say things like that if they think you might take even $1 away from them.

Goggel the gerber cutters and look at the retail price i have a dgi om60 cutter you dont hear of them much here but i checked ebay uk they were selling for about 1500.00 when converted to usd the graphtec and roland are what you hear about the most but there are a lot of good cutters on the market . I just checked out your work in the gallery looks good .

Dan