Adam Control

Error when trying to cut from Sign Wizard?

I just installed my Laserpoint 48 and am attempting to work with Sign Wizard 5.1. The drivers are installed but not sure if done correctly. I can see a USB Serial Port (COM3) in the device manager and I select this port in the Sign Wizard Plot Manager. I also have the Plot Manager set at Creation CT 630 as the brand name. When I attempt to cut, I recieve a message in a DOS window reading:

Cannot load VDM IPX/SPX support

Write fault error writting device

Abort, Retry, Ignore, Fail?

What's the deal? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

AC

Hello Adam,

I am sorry but i do not think that you will ever get SignWizard 5.1 to cut correctly with your LaserPoint 48.

Several reasons. 

No cutter offset. (or does this version have it?)

And i don't think this version can support USB Com ports correctly. (complaint here in Australia about the exact same thing)

No driver for the LaserPoint 48.  This is not really the same as a PCut CT630 although made by the same company.

Why don't you install the copy of SignBlazer you received with the cutter?

If you are used to SignWizard then here is how to move files to SignBlazer.

1. Select your work.

2. Edit>Vector Mode> To Bezier

3. Export as an EPS file.

This will import perfectly into SignBlazer.

If you need more help just ask.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

I'm sorry, but I can't use SignBlazer. Not knocking it really but I'm not a fan. I've been using SignWizard for 8 years and if I can't use Sign Wizard with this machine then I won't keep this machine. I just got it today, too. I'm pissed.....I'm gonna have to get another machine.

Hello Adam,

I understand how you feel.

If we know a program well then it takes a lot of effort to learn another.

I just downloaded the latest demo of SignWizard out of curiosity.

Have not looked at it for years.

I could not even find a driver for any Chinese cutters nor could i find any way to set the offset.

There were none of the cutter functions there that are normal in SignBlazer and in FlexiSign.

If you have to buy another cutter just to use SignWizard then it will have to be one of the VERY expensive Graphtec, Datagraph, Graphtec etc cutters.

It appears these are the only ones supported.  And for a 48 inch cutter another $5,000.00 or even more.

However what i am suggesting is that you just use SignBlazer for cutting.

This is why i have given you the instructions on how to export to SignBlazer.

Good Luck and if you do use SignBlazer then you know you do have great support waiting for you.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

Thank you for the help, Jerry, but I actually got it to work. Very happy now, thank you!!

I tried the other brand drivers and com ports for kicks and got the same error so I figured it was a program problem. I just reinstalled SignWizard and I run it on Creation profile. Works good! Piece of cake, too!

Thanks!

AC