Sign in to follow this  
rynosaur

I don't get it

I just bought the 36" Pcut and I'm not sure what the aluminum "discs" that they give you are for, probably the vinyl roll. If so I don't know how they install. Also I have this thing hooked up using the serial cable because these instructions say that if you use USB then you can't have a USB mouse for some reason so I used the serial cable. From there and getting it to install or communicate I am lost with these crappy instructions. Anyone know? I never used a plotter before. Thanks

Could be just about anything...maybe you should PM Ken tomorrow and he will call you and walk you through.

I never heard of the USB mouse thing. I am using one on the same computer as the cutter (also USB) as well as a USB external drive and a few flash drives. From a computer tech viewpoint,that doesn't make any sense.

When using the Serial connection, there are no drivers to install, so you should be able to hook up the cable and tell SignBlazer that you are using COM1. Make sure you use the included Serial cable and that it runs directly from the cutter to the computer.....no switchboxes.

The aluminum disks are for capping the ends of the roll of material if you are using one of the media rollers. Most people use both media rollers and set the material on top of the two, so the disks would not be used.

Ok I plugged the usb port in and went through what I understood of the installation manual. I'm not sure if it is recognized yet or not. Is it easier to use this with the usb or the serial cable? I can do either one. I don't understand a lot of the language translation in the manual. It doesn't make sense to me but I am not that computer savy.

Easier to use the Serial because there are no drivers to install. Windows and USB is sketchy at times anyhow.