Sign in to follow this  
joshlw

what seetings are you using

Just wanted to know what setting you guys are using on the copam. Also where are you putingth epinch rollers, my blade seems to be dragging in thr middle of a 24" sheet. The blade depth is okay but seems I may need to move them in a little more. I'm not sure where to set them at. Thisis all new to me. I'm also wanting to know if I slow the speed down on the cutter will it cut detailed pics better.

Ive noticed the blade lightly scratching the surface in the middle of the span also.  I've tried to pull the vinyl as tight as possible when loading it, but never seems to be tight enough.

I too would like to know about this.

The pinch rollers must always be in the green sections on the Copams. I load the vinyl, center it, set the pinch roller at the far right, then smooth out the vinyl towards the next pinch roller before strapping it down. It could also have something to do with the type of vinyl being used. I have good vinyl, and some really crud vinyl that seems to bow up more than the good.

Try watching to see when the skuff happens.  If there apprears to be no mechanical glitch,  make sure your needle sticks out no more than the thickness of a fingernail or even less.  Take a scrap stock and adjust your blade to hand cut only thru  the top and only to leave an impression on the non stick below.  Next,  take 3 sheets of material, bout the size of a thumbnail and layer them on top of the blade holder hole.  Trim out the hole and the expansion joints.  What you are doing here is raising the whole blade system by 3 sheets of your stock.. just a pinch of a lift and the head will make up the difference in travel down to the material when cutting.  This seemed to solve my scratch marks. 

Bill