suzzuki99

I have a Graphtec FC4100-75, Adobe CS5, what else do I need

Sorry to post in General discussion...

I have a Graphtec FC4100-75 cutter that I just bought. I also have Adobe Illustrator CS5. I am just trying to set up to use to cut out vinyl masking for making etched mirrors ( a hobbie of mine). No software came with the plotter but I did download the driver from the graphtecamerica website. I am just curious as to what I need to do next to start cutting vinyl because If i just type something simple in adobe and send it to the plotter it just says error 1 on its screen.

any help would be amazing....

thank you

You can download the "All Cutter" version of Signblazer, it supports the FC4100-75. I am not sure what your error message means but I would go

ahead and download Signblazer (its free) and give it a shot. It can be found on the Signblazer section of this website.

Adobe is not cutting software. And Cutting master 2 is not available for this machine according to Graphtec site

You might be able to do download the Signblazer all cutter version, download in the 3rd post down user CUTME, and see if your cutter driver is on there. You won't be able to use CS5 files, you will have to save them back as a version 8.eps file. to work with Signblazer, as it has not been updated for several years.. If that doesn't work you can purchase Flexistarter 10 on the big auction site. and use it.

thank you for the replies....i downloaded the version from CutMe but I only saw a few plotters...i didn't see the FC4100.....any thoughts?

I believe you will have to download and install the update and patch and then all the cutters (including your FC4100-75) will be in the list of cutters to choose

from.

Here is the link for the update and patch, there will also be a readme or instructions file

you will need to read when you unzip

http://www.mediafire.../?ygva0uwuckhr4

I tried the load option first,,, my plotter finally started doing something...well i guess..it started cutting really small letters in a straight line down the sheet of vinyl.... I am going to try the to download the patch and see what happens... I am assuming that my computer is talking with my plotter but i'm just afraid that it isn't making sense to it or something...sorry i'm not a computer guy i am learning a lot right now

thank you very much