Sign in to follow this  
Justinside

Using Inkscape on my Plotter for the first time and having trouble

HI

I am using Inkscape to make items for cutting on my plotter. I am used to using Illustrator but for the amount I use illustrator I can't justify buying the full version, so for me Inkscape looked like a nice alternative. But when creating images to cut in Illustrator you need to click flatten transparency so the sign cut knows what to do and to relay the info to the plotter. I am having issues flattening the transparency in Inkscape. I was hoping that somebody might be able to help or give me so advice on where to find out how to.

Thanks so much for your help

Charlie

In inkscape, just convert your image to a vector, save as an eps and then open the file up in your cutting program.

I may be missing something here but that's all I do on a regular basis.

Good Luck! Alan

Hi Alan

So i made my image and then saved as EPS and sign cut would not recognise it. Sign Cut would say when I click cut out "all tiles are not active". So do you mean i need to convert to vector before saving as EPS? If so how do I do that?

Thank you for your help

Charlie

Yes, convert it to a vector before you save as an eps.

Load image into inkscape, select it, press cntrl/altB together and this brings up the trace window, then play with the settings until you get your desired result or close enough to edit the nodes, depending on how good the source image is. Delete the original image then save it as an eps file and you should be all set.

Plenty of youtube videos on how to use inkscape, I just gave you the condensed version! LOL

Good Luck! Alan