BBBenson

Bad Test Cut

Just got a MH 871 about two weeks ago. I've been trying to figure out the drivers, software, and re-doing my images lately so I haven't cut anything yet. I happened to press the Test Button and this is what happened...please tell me its not already broke! I just set it up and havent even used it yet! Whats wrong?? Thanks in advance!

post-25876-0-09538700-1343944437.jpg

Re-checked all that...still the same. It worked fine when I tested it the first time. Any other suggestions?

without a lot more info. nobody knows what your doing. You don't state enough info to help you. we don't know what OS you have, how your connected USB or serial?,, what driver? what cutting software.? Blade offset.? I don't even know what you test pattern is. Or what the cutter does when you send simple text to it. Your too vague.

USB connection. Used the USB set up for Windows XP just like on http://start.uscutter.com/mh/xp. Sign Cut is my software....

I walk up to the cutter and press the button that says TEST on it and thats what I get. It is supposed to be star. Im not using any software or a computer.....I just pressed TEST on the cutter and thats what I got...Find it pointless to send simple text to the cutter through a cutting software when my test doesn's work properly. Like I said it worked perfectly until a couple nights ago. Its already set up. I don't know if I accidently changed a setting or what? I sent a simple text to it and it only cuts the left side of the first letter and repeats it about 3 or four times after moving to the right of the paper after each letter.... Also when the plotter moves all the way to the right, it stays in the same spot and draws a line back and forth...shouldn't it hit the trigger and replace its self in the middle?

The the cutter will not do a correct test cut without being connected to cutting software and a computer. That is what it is for. After you get all your settings done in the cutting software, Then you run test cuts. To make sure your blade is correct, the blade offset is correct. You have no way of setting anything on your cutter , with out it not being connected to a computer and cutting software. Hit the trigger? What's that supposed to mean?

Thanks. The Carriage came undone from the belt, thats why the star wasnt done correctly. Back in business. Im sure i'll be back with some more dumb questions soon tho.

Thanks. The Carriage came undone from the belt, thats why the star wasnt done correctly. Back in business. Im sure i'll be back with some more dumb questions soon tho.

That seems to be quite common on that model I have seen it posted several times I believe shipping plays a big part on it anyways good luck.

Dan

• Like 1

So my problem came back...won't cut my test pattern of a star correctly. Checked the tracking and its on line this time. I am using a US Cutter MH-871-MK2. Went out and bought a Gigaware Serial cable thinking it would fix the problem (instead of a USB connection). but the problem came back. I am using Corel Draw and Sign Cut. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to check? Or have had this problem before? I'm starting to think deleting everything and setting it up from scratch might be my best bet!

I thought you fixed the problem with this...

Did you have a jam up or something with the vinyl?

• Like 1

I know when I use the pen and paper I have to lower the pressure all the way down or else it will try to jam the pen down.