Trax

Graphtec CE5000-120, Cutting controller and Wireless Print Server

Hi all,

First of all, I have to say that this forum is amazing. I use to visit this forum searching help and I always find a way to do things.

I decided to create and account to start posting.. and here is my question.

Actually I have a graphtec CE5000-120 and i´m using Inkscape under windows 7 and everything works perfectly. After changing my office, I found a problem. The USB calbe is not long enough to connect my computer and the plotter.

I started to think to create a new cable transforming the USB cable into UTP cable with RJ45 conectors, etc... but it isn´t a real clean solution.

Searching in internet i found a possible solution, buy a wireless print server, so.. i bought a TP-link wirelees print server wps510u.

After a few configuration.. in could cut with my plotter perfectly .. but.. there are a little problem. I can not run the cutting plotter controller, so I can not access to the configuration parameters like media orientation, desing orientation, Registration Marks, conditions... etc.

When I try to run the cutting controller it tells me that there is no plotter in the USB port (It is right ;) it is connected by and IP)

Are there any solution for this problem? If there are a solution, the Wireless print server could be the best buy i could made afeter the office change.

By the way, I was several days till 2:00 a.m. testing.. and I could swear that I made it work, but i was testing other thinks that I have already solve and I can remember how. Maybe the versión for the Driver o cutting master or so.

Thank you so much for your help.

P.S.: I was trying inkcut for Inkscape and there is no version for windows.

BR

Trax

Does the print server allow 2 way communication??? I would think in order for those options to work the cutter has to be able to communicate back to the computer.... I know with some of the lower end machines (Not Graphtec of course) even on USB they will not communicate 2 ways until you connect via serial cable...... I would double check the settings on that print server and verify it will allow the printer (cutter in your case) to communicate back to the computer.....

No, no, the problem is not the communication. The plotter cuts perfectly with the wireless printserver. The problem is that i can not open the cutting controller program for use the options.

The Cutting controller program, when I try to run it, say " There is no plotter connected in the USB port". My question is: Could I use the same options that appears in the cutting controller in any other way (using other program that doesn´t check the USB port or something?

My plotter looks like a Printer in the network and I can send to plot even a text, so the communication is Ok.

BR

Trax

I understand that.. The Cutting Controller Program is built into the cutter, in order for that to relay information back to the computer you have to have a connection that always 2 way communication. IE The cutter needs to be able to "talk" back to the computer, if your print server does not allow information to be transmitted back to the computer then you will not be able to access programs within the cutter. If your server is a 1 way it will only allow information to be sent from the computer to the cutter... The nature of the error you are receiving tells me the computer is sending a signal to open the program in the cutter but not receiving a signal back relaying the information so as a default it assumes that the cutter never received the request so the default action is to flag an error just saying it is not connected to the computer.... If it is a 1 way server you can send information to the cutter all day long but never receive anything back..... The fact that it shows up as being connected is only by the parameters set by the drivers all it does it take the information from certain fields and "re display" that for the name of the connected device it does not necessarily mean that it actually knows what device the print server is connected to...

That I am not sure of.... I would think there should be some information in the manual for the unit you bought.... I looked on their site in the general info area but I didn't see anything that looked to be any help....