Sign in to follow this  
thenjhomebuyer

I try to do a test cut this is what I get. What's wrong?

I am doing a test cut with this graphic picture but it is coming out wrong when I cut it what am I doing wrong?

untitled-3.jpg

The pictures are seriously what kind of output I get i'm bald so right now I feel like pulling the4 hair off my balls. I know I'm doing something wrong. I have the force of the blade set to 110g and the speed set to 24 inches and I will also include a picture of my blade. I think I dulled out the blade but, I have been reading people using the blade for 7-8 months. I know im doing something wrong. I am on a mission to learn this machine for fun and my business of advertising. I also have the same problems with a friend banner I have been trying to cut it doesn't cut correctly. What am I doing wrong? I can't even weed it correctly nor does it cut right so even if I could weed it. It just wouldn't look right.  :- :rolleyes:[move]HELP ME PLEASE LOL ![/move]

DSC01009.jpg

DSC01010.jpg

DSC01013.jpg

DSC01014.jpg

It looks like your blade is sticking way too far out from the picture.  It should only be out far enough to cut through the vinyl and barely scratch the backing.  Slow it down.  I don't know about your pressure.  I have a Refine and generally run it at 60 grams of pressure.  Different plotters need different pressure settings. 

#1 Back that blade up until your finger nail just barely catches on it, vinyl is really thin stuff.

#2 Cut your speed to about 12ipm for now

#3 Back off the pressure

Those are usually the 3 things that cause what your pictures are showing.

Guest Terry

Agree, mine is set like DGREENH, but my force is a bit higher at 70, but my blade you can BARELY see the tip.

I would make sure the carriage is ON the tracks and not in front of the tracks as well.