mr300s

I know another newbie

I have been on here for a few days have read hundreds of posts.  So I felt it was time to join and ask my own newbie questions.

I can see there is a lot of knowledgeable folks on here and that they are more than willing  to help.

I am thinking of getting a cutter and it will be more for a hobby than to get into business, although I would like to make some stickers and decals for car windows.  Right now I have no plans to get into sign making etc. I would like to make decals for friends and maybe some clubs I belong to.

That being said what machine do you feel would suit my needs?

What will I need to get started?

Do the cutters come with a program to make decals.

I am talking about making something like this.  Thanks in advance....

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=13240.0;attach=15740;image

Ebay has the best buys. Be careful what you buy and most of the vinyl offered there is garbage. Find a good supplier and use good stuff. Garbage is OK to practice and learn on.

BTW playing with sign cutters may be addictive. :rolleyes:

I got the PCUT 25" Vinyl Cutter/Cutting Plotter cut Decals,Tshirt off Ebay from  seller uscutter, here is a auction number to look at Item number: 270214018064

There are several regular sign supply businesses that sell on ebay to pick up new customers (Earl Mich is one). I buy FDC, Oracal, and Avery,as well as occasionally 3m..ALL on ebay.

There is some junk out there but if you look at feedback,use a little common sense, and do some research,you won't get stung.

I save ,on average, 15-30% over the local sign supplier prices. And with over 800 banners done in the last 2 years with not a single return or complaint...and 40% of my business is repeat business, the figures tell the tale.

I must caution you on this..be careful about buying Coroplast on ebay...the shipping will drive up the price to almost double what you can get it for elsewhere..and also be VERY careful about magnetics..there are a LOT of seconds being sold out there on ebay.

As for the cutter,the creation p-cut from US cutter is the best deal out there. There are a lot of sellers selling cutters that are not as good, or the support is lousy... US Cutter is great in both areas.

Guest Terry

Do you play with metal detectors? I have four of them. What kind do you have?

Do you play with metal detectors? I have four of them. What kind do you have?

How did you guess,  (haha)  Yes I am in Florida and I have a White's  Beach Hunter ID (everything waterproof to 25')  and love it.  Doing good this year five times out and four nice rings....

Guest Terry

Cool, I could have paid for one of mine the first year but won't sell anything I find. :rolleyes:

Cool deal!  I've got the Shadow X2 and Shadow X5 (I was a dealer).  In fact, I just shipped off a batch of shirts for the Diggin' in Virgina hunt.

Rex S.

Guest Terry

I have one of the X2's It's my favorite one to use, light and never makes a mistake, silent in moist soil to. The x2 is tough to find for sale used now, nobody will sell.