Sign in to follow this  
MAPTAT

Import Into SignBlazer

Really! I have been trying for a couple of long sessions to import a SVG file I made in Inkscape into SB. I can open the folder the SVG image is in and can see it and several other files. However, when I open SB and go to import and then look for the image within the saved folder, SB sees zero files. Doesn't see JPG, TIF, or the SVG.

I did use the search function and can't find any info related to this specific problem. Help would be apreciated. I can go no further until I get that image into SB. Thanks.

Thanks for that url. But...it stops short of telling you to save both a SVG and an EPS file. I did save it as an EPS file. Open SB and select import and it shows the squares with different file names but the ones that I saved as an EPS type are totally black. I tried to load them anyway and after I follow the prompts, nothing happens.

Just go to file>save as ad then save as ***.eps after that saves go back to file>save as and save as ***.svg or just click save, or you can try to copy all of your objects and paste into signblazer that works for me it will group them but web you ungroup them it's everything you had in inkscape

Again... I did save it as an EPS file. Opened SB and selected import and it shows the squares of the items you saved in Inkscape but they are solid black. I can see the choices with different file names but the ones that I saved as an EPS type are totally black. I tried to load them into SB anyway and after I follow the prompts, nothing happens. Still at a standstill until I get past this.

Thought I did. Maybe I deleted the wrong one. But one time I used the node tool and saw all the nodes so it must have vectorized. Read somewhere else on the forum advice to remove both SB and IS and then re install, after a lot of suggestions and attempts at help which didn't improve anything. So...just got rid of both pieces of software and am going to reload them and try again.

I finally did it one time after I reloaded all the software. However, this AM, I am doing the same thing wrong. Yes! I deleted the original and saved the vector. Then I did a save as and selected EPS. When going into the folder and looking at that file it says it's a PVW, not an EPS. Why?

.pvw I a file that signblazer makes to interpret the file to display the image.

Mx2 stay with me on this. Still stumped. Does the same thing every time. When I open SB one of the boxes in which the 'cut' file is named is totally black. I look at that file and it says it's a eps. I import into SB, can see it, but when I tell the cutter to cut it I get a dialog box which says I'll lose some data because it can see a bit map and then states it can't print it as it's a bitmap.

Mx2 stay with me on this. Still stumped. Does the same thing every time. When I open SB one of the boxes in which the 'cut' file is named is totally black. I look at that file and it says it's a eps. I import into SB, can see it, but when I tell the cutter to cut it I get a dialog box which says I'll lose some data because it can see a bit map and then states it can't print it as it's a bitmap.

That is telling you there is a bitmap image in the design. The cutter cannot cut bitmaps. Does anything show up in the cut window?

If you could email me the file in question for me to take a look at I'd love to help, Thomas.Guffey@me.com