Sign in to follow this  
youdude

how would you cut this??

if you can cut a 30' strip with zero drift,let me know how you do it. If I need something that long and narrow I just buy a roll of pin stripe vinyl the correct width.

You would probably be better off just using a nice straight edge and an exacto knife.

In your sign software set the diminsions for a rectangle/square and cut as many as you want.

Gosh, I'm so brilliant I frighten myself. :angry:

Never been able to figure out why I'm so poor. :rolleyes:

In your sign software set the diminsions for a rectangle/square and cut as many as you want.

Gosh, I'm so brilliant I frighten myself. :angry:

Never been able to figure out why I'm so poor. :rolleyes:

It's not a question of setting the size,it's getting a 30 FOOT cut without the vinyl drifting. I've never seen a friction cutter that would do a 30 foot cut with zero drift.

I can do it. I set my vinyl roll in place and with the friction rollers up, I pull my vinyl through by hand to the desired length.

I make sure I have no obstructions behind the cutter to interfere with the vinyl being drawn in or going out.

I have a masking tape going all the way across my cutter on the friction part, cutting out the part where the tape hits the friction bar.

Make sure this is square using a triangle.

Line the vinyl up with this, lower your friction rollers and let the machine feed the vinyl by itself.

If it is a little off, redo it until you get it right.

Practice makes perfect.

It also helps to have long tables on either side.

can i set up Signcut to do squares and rectangles

SignCut will cut whatever you tell it to cut. You would have to design the squares and rectangles in a graphics program though, such as InkScape, Corel Draw, or Illy.