fourthsyde

just got my 365!!! 2 problems!

so i have 2 problems... just opened my brand spankin new 12" plotter....

problem #1, they sent me signblazer..... im a mac user.... i requested sc-x2... but i guess something got messed up....

problem #2 the tiny driver disc will not fit in my slot load cd rom.... im assuming this is the drivers for the cutter... is there somewhere i can download them?

is there someone that can help me get this set up on my mac?

waiting paitently for your help

You will need to send us SignBlazer and we can then send you SignCut for the Mac. The Refine series cutters are shipped from our fullfillment center in NV, so we were not able to swap the software before shipping. They do not have any copies of the software to swap for you, so we will have to do it.

The mini-CD has Windows drivers, so you will not use it anyhow. You can get USB drivers at http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

You will need 2.2.9 or 2.1.9 depending upon your Mac chipset.

Once the software and driver is installed successfully, you will be able to configure the cutter and away you go.

i have the keyspan usb adapter.... so will i even need those drivers?

ive got the thing working... but the images are really messed up... perhaps i selected the wrong driver? what should the settings be in signcut ( i downloaded the demo)

where should i send the signblazer disc? i understand that these thing happen some time... you guys have been fantastic in working with me so far!

ive gotten it to work a few times now, but it seems to not cut properly half of the time... it almost looks like its scribbling on the vinyl.... is this because im using the signcut demo? or is it a driver thing?

what driver am i supposed to have selected in sign cut? i have the refine mh365 selected, and it was working for  a while... but seems to have stopped now....

thanks for the help,

Evan

i have the keyspan usb adapter.... so will i even need those drivers?

ive got the thing working... but the images are really messed up... perhaps i selected the wrong driver? what should the settings be in signcut ( i downloaded the demo)

where should i send the signblazer disc? i understand that these thing happen some time... you guys have been fantastic in working with me so far!

You can send SignBlazer to:

USCutter

Attn: Ken

19510 144th Ave NE

STE C-1

Woodinville, WA 98072

• Like 1

ive gotten it to work a few times now, but it seems to not cut properly half of the time... it almost looks like its scribbling on the vinyl.... is this because im using the signcut demo? or is it a driver thing?

what driver am i supposed to have selected in sign cut? i have the refine mh365 selected, and it was working for  a while... but seems to have stopped now....

thanks for the help,

Evan

That is the correct driver for your cutter. If it is scribbling on the vinyl, the blade depth may not be set right. Could also be that the carriage is not ON its tracks, yet has popped loose and is sitting in front of the tracks it should be riding on.

well i must say... after some trial and error, im VERY happy with my cutter... already made $150 ....

ill send out the disc on wednesday, for now, i purchased a 1month subscription for signcut so that i can get buy until i get my proper one...

thanks again for all the help

Evan

Already making money. Glad to hear.  :rolleyes:

I will be watching for the software you are returning.

Hi ken

can you please tel me if this could also be the problam with the vinyl on my cutter moving and not staying stable win cutting could my carriage be off track as well.

Hi ken

can you please tel me if this could also be the problam with the vinyl on my cutter moving and not staying stable win cutting could my carriage be off track as well.

I hope you realize you are posting to a 2008 thread..no bodys home... LOL ..You can check the carriage head yourself...Are the little white wheels firmly in the track.? They should be...