Sign in to follow this  
michaelphay87

customers lying to you

okay so i have been going through so real crap lately with customers lying to me about how much they paid for there product from another company............

this guy wants 500 shirts made and tells me he only pays 600 bucks for 100 shirts.not to bad but take in account they are long sleeve with a pocket and the shirts are 6.1 oz from port and company>>>>>>>>>>>>> priced these at whole sale thats close to 8 bucks a piece

thats 4k wholesale price of the t shirts alone no artwork so lets break down what he has paid for the shirts

600 dollars for 100 shirts x 5 because he wants 500 that = 3k for shirts artwork and time doing them :huh:??:huh:??? am i messed up somewhere :huh:??:huh:?

any advice

should i give him a qoute

is he lying :huh:

is he cheap shoting me because im small

You know what you have into the job and what you have to make.... I know of places I can order some really cheap shirts but they fall apart after about 2 washes. Let him know you only use quality products. Maybe his price he paid before was from a huge supplier who has a bunch of teenagers working for $2.... I always try and let the customer think I believe the crap they are feeding me you never want to call them out... All you can do is quote the job and hope you can get it...... I get a lot of people who come to me with super low prices and I give them my price and explain that I only use quality materials and I have years of experience. I'm not a kid doing this from my parents basement and trying to learn. I get probably 85% of the bids I put out.....

Customers lying about what they "paid" or were "quoted" for something?

Shocking !!!

Many years ago, I was selling cars, and we had a policy regarding ridiculous "quotes" they claimed had been offered at a competitor which we were being asked to beat ---

We told the customer, "If it's in writing, with the signature of a sales manager, we would honor it, and give them $500 below the figure."

Never did anyone produce such a signed quote.

• Like 1

Port & Company® - Long Sleeve Essential T-Shirt with Pocket. Wow, I show nowhere near 8 bucks a shirt, I see almost half of that.

The problem here is shops often will do things like this for just over cost and wonder why in a year they have to sell all their equipment and go back to working somewhere else. The whole time wondering why they are not getting rich.

How many colors? How many locations?

Give him your standard pricing, Don't budge at all. Your not only selling a product your selling yourself and your work. Tell him you have no idea what others charge and really do not care, your prices are for your quality work your business alone. Customers like this I simply say thanks for the interest but I have things to do and price haggling is not a option, if they are so cheap there is the door. But before you leave ask yourself why are you looking elsewhere if your other supplier is cut throat cheap?

Even if I get brought in a quote brought in from someone else I never alter my pricing. My pricing is there to cover my costs, any deviation from that and I am losing money. I do this to support my family and my life. Being cheaper than every one out there will not support anything other that a lot of stress and a new job search.

• Like 3