Sign in to follow this  
brooklynpark

Need help with what cutter to buy?

I have read the board for several hours, and searched for this topic, but could not find the answer.  Could someone advise on getting a cutter for making stencils, that use mylar material to make the stencils. 

Thank You.

Thank you -  :P

Could you also help me with the differences and uses for the following choices:

1) 12" Vinyl Sign and Craft Cutter/Plotter -SignBlazer

2) 25" Vinyl Cutter / Cutting Plotter 24 w/ SignBlazer

3) PCUT 25" Vinyl Sticker Cutter / Cutting Plotter w/Stand

I first wanted to start making stencils, then move into signage items!  Thanks so much, I am really interested in finding a cutter soon to add to my business.  Thanks again for all your patience.

You can get all kinds of answers with your simple question.  :P

It just really depends on personal preference and budget. Many here say that if you can afford it, Copam is the way to go (top of the line and quiet). I can only speak for my toy. I have a 24" LaserPoint. Couldn't be happier. I'm a total noob to cutting, but I think I made the right choice. I would've bought the Copam or a larger LP, but shipping ate into a huge portion of the budget so some middle ground had to be found.

I've never had to cut anything that was taller (or wider) than 15". But I'm glad that I got the 24" and not anything smaller.

Good luck with your decision. Just know that you cannot find a better forum support product than here.

How rude of me ... WELCOME to the Forum!!

We're always here and very willing to help.