banditt2129

Seeing lines

After reading over some great topics that are so much help, I am finally able to pitch in. I read a post about using a sock filled with chalk line powder for light colored vinyl and baby powder for dark colored vinyl. Well last night as I was doing a job, I put this to use only I didn't have either. So I used flour! IT WAS AMAZING BEING ABLE TO SEE ALL THE CUTS. I highly recommend this process for anyone cutting and weeding vinyl. So much less stress on your eyes. Thank you to the original postee

Also, another great tip was tracing out a image with a marker(sharpie) and scanning it to sb to vectorize then cut. Worked terrific!

My only concern would be if any vinyl lifted, that powder getting under the edges of the adhesive... It would cause early adhesive failure once installed. Tracing with a sharpie is a great idea- I do it a lot, but if often requires a lot of cleanup for really precise clean artwork.

• Like 1

I also use the windows or large glass doors to weed during the day. I am looking into building a light box/table.

i use my room's light and i can see the reflection of the light on the cuts, so its nor hard for me atm