Dragonduster

SC cutter connected to Serial problem?

i installed a COM pci card in my pc (friend had a spare one) and i connected it to my cutter SC 34", i tried my first cut and it came with some weavy cuts and i just vectorized it in corel draw so it should have straight lines, i thought first it was because of the USB to USB connection as many had mentioned, but this time its Serial to Serial so it should work right? attached is the decal i cut (2.5")

the lines i mentions are the ones around the eyes and its not caused by the carbon fiber

post-24904-0-01223000-1338352730.jpg

you could post your file for us to look at, also check the depth of you blade, You should just barely see the blade tip out of the blade holder. Take blade holder out of machine, in hand cut firmly across a piece of scrap vinyl. should only cut the vinyl and barely a mark or no mark in wax paper backing, adjust to get there. Put holder back in machine and use force to get the same results.

i uploaded it already in the share your eps section :P

and i did already what you mentioned, i have cut a many decals already and it barely makes a line in the wax paper, i took it out too from the machine and cut a vinyl manual to check if it was cutting right because the first time i did the cut, it was cutting the entire vinyl (wax included) but moved the image and it had black lines on the image, so i just deleted them and then it cut once and normal, but still cut weavy =\

Autobots logo.zip

your file is wavy all over the place. Zoom it up big and you will see it. Your cutter is cutting exactly what you are telling it to.

post-3058-0-54188200-1338354048.jpg

mmm.... how did that happen? i was using the pen tool to do the lines "straight" in corel =\ i will try with some from the library, thanks.

don't know, but it shows they are wavy in CS2 Illustrator also.. Try cutting something else that has been designed already. Maybe something from the SB library or Brands of the World.

But, if you look at the lower part of the eyes, you will see that the lines are nice and straight in the vector, but in the cut decal, that is where it is the "waviest"

i cut 4 from the library of the signblazer, if i take a closer look, by the lines they seem a little weavy too like if i were watching the autobots logo too, i tried 2 times with one EPS that someone posted here, both times it cut thru the wax and sometimes peel off the vinyl (i even used W40 as someone suggested) but with i think because they were kinda small? =\ ............ never mind, just removed some parts from the vinyl and they were small too and didnt peel off =\

they dont look weavy after removing the vinyl from them, but when i was looking at the lines before removing the vinyl, i could see a little weavy

and as music said, the part around the eyes of autobots looks weavy in the cut, but most of the rest looks normal

post-24904-0-36068900-1338357788.jpg

post-24904-0-65070400-1338357795.jpg